• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Officially Official 2016/2017 Champions League Thread (NWT)

Sounds like the warszawa ultra fans at the BVB game were chanting some not so nice things.

"Jude, Jude, Borussia" (Jew, Jew, BVB) was evidently what they were singing - in German to make sure the BVB fans could understand. The club has now put out an official statement saying the fans were in fact singing "Nutte, Nutte, Borussia" (Whore, Whore, BVB) ... that's um, bullshit. You could hear it clear as day on TV. At 30 seconds on this clip you can hear it clearly.

The Legia fans also attacked the German police with pepper spray (!) and in general were their normal absolute shithead selves ... watch this dude hose down some poor stadium stewards.

The chants appear a little muddled. But in any event, what does Borussia Dortmund have to do with Jews anyway? I always thought that the Nazi's considered Bayern to be the Jewish club. Borussia Dortmund is - appropriately enough - named after a brewery and was founded in a tavern. So, whore makes more sense than Jew. Anybody know of any Borussia connection with the Jewish community?

The chants appear a little muddled. But in any event, what does Borussia Dortmund have to do with Jews anyway? I always thought that the Nazi's considered Bayern to be the Jewish club. Borussia Dortmund is - appropriately enough - named after a brewery and was founded in a tavern. So, whore makes more sense than Jew. Anybody know of any Borussia connection with the Jewish community?

What do you mean they are muddled? Go to 0:30 of the video I linked the guy making the recording is clearly singing "Jude, Jude" himself directly into the mic. There's several other extremely clear instances in that video and tons of others on the net today.

As for Jewish connections - BVB isn't really considered a Jewish club. It's just hooligans using "Jew" as an insult (because to them it is insulting, in some bizarre warped world view).

What about The Beatles singing "Hey Jude" ?

Makes you wonder.

apparently even asking for a clarification is now "sticking up for" when it suits your polemical convenience, get a life

I couldn't care less about either team, much less their ultras

i'd rather be on the pole that isn't fascist nationalist, unlike you and your xenophobia

forgive me for mistaking your defensiveness for defense

Walker rested, otherwise probably the expected lineup against CSKA:

Back