• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Officially Official 2016/2017 Champions League Thread (NWT)

Gotta be a must win for Spurs.

Good luck !

(Don't really mean it !)

Two wins for the EPL today. Hopefully two more tomorrow.

Theo has been outstanding this year and he's not going to stop. He's put Giroud on the bench and nobody even wonders when Welbeck is coming back. With Perez in the fold, Welbeck or Giroud is probably on the way out. Probably Welbeck because Giroud is so dangerous in the air.

Damnit cannot believe Celtic tied City. Parlayed Arsenal and City both straight up, and I was most worried about the Gunners. Fuck.

Spurs announce they've sold out Wembley for the upcoming home games against Leverkeusen and CSKA. Bigger crowds than Monaco and more records broken. Hopefully a better performance!

I've got a bad feeling about tonight. Missing Alderweireld and his organization of the back 4 against a team that presses relentlessly up the pitch, away in Germany. I think Spurs defense might finally show some cracks and lose something like 3-1.

Leverkusen going 4-4-2 with both Kießling and Hernandez up front. They basically have to win tonight to stay in contention, so are flat out going for it.

They have a ton of injuries right now, otherwise I'm not sure he would be starting again, though he's been pretty good. They've got two keepers on the bench because those are all that're fit.

Lazar Markovic starting for Sporting.

Markovic there on loan or did they sign him permanently? I don't remember hearing either way this summer.

Loan, though I'd be surprised if he makes it back. Back with Jorge Jesus, who had him at Benfica, so if it's going to happen for him, it needs to this year.

Back