• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Old Dominion fires bball coach Taylor

At ODU, the coach does the drinking. At WFU, the fans are forced to do the drinking. :beer:

My ODU contact says it was the drinking, not the losing. Sadly, Coach Taylor fell off the wagon last summer.

Don't tell Strickland or others there might other reasons for this action. It gets in the way of their myopia.

I was just thinking this. It can't be worse than what we've already seen, can it?

But what if he turns out to be some drunken master and is actually a better coach when he is drunk? Then we'd really be screwed.

But what if he turns out to be some drunken master and is actually a better coach when he is drunk? Then we'd really be screwed.

It could give him a personality at the post game press conferences. He might start singing his answers or wearing a lampshade as a hat.

Don't tell Strickland or others there might other reasons for this action. It gets in the way of their myopia.

they can probably read, but we will take your warning under consideration. thanks!

I wish I had ODU contacts. Haters can't believe a coach can get fired mid-season.

It would have surprised me if the losing was the root cause. Obviously ODU is something awful this season, but, prior to this year, his track record there was very impressive.

I would assume that the drinking and losing were related btw. He didn't suddenly forget how to coach.

Alcoholism is a lot more tolerable when you actually perform - look at how Iowa State only decided to ditch Larry Eustachy once he stopped winning.

Back