• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Lufthansa coming to RDU

Really great get for RDU getting a direct Star Alliance flight to the largest German hub. With the big three alliances all having direct flights to major European hubs from RDU now this should hopefully have some positive impact on prices too.

I was waiting for my flight from Denver to RDU today when I saw a guy un a wheelchair being taken through the terminal with his service dog. The dog stopped and took an epic poop right there on the terminal floor. The guy and dog kept rolling along, almost oblivious to the scene.

It must have taken the terminal staff 10-15 minutes to get it cleaned up.

I was waiting for my flight from Denver to RDU today when I saw a guy un a wheelchair being taken through the terminal with his service dog. The dog stopped and took an epic poop right there on the terminal floor. The guy and dog kept rolling along, almost oblivious to the scene.

It must have taken the terminal staff 10-15 minutes to get it cleaned up.
Almost.

Y'all wanna give our spirited opinions on seat reclining again? I feel like we haven't done that in like 22 pages.

I was on a 5 hour flight and like 4 hours into it noticed the guy behind me was reclining and I was PISSED I hadn't. Especially since prior to these boards I was an oblivious insta recliner.

Delta changing to a strict dollars-only qualification for SkyMiles status effective 2025.

Delta changing to a strict dollars-only qualification for SkyMiles status effective 2025.
This is brutal for folks who (or more likely, whose employers) don’t pay full freight first/Delta One regularly. I’ve been either Gold or Platinum for probably 12 years, but I’m not sure I’ll make Silver with the new MQD thresholds (especially if I downgrade the AmEx reserve because of the upcoming limits on SkyClub visits). I get the whole “if everyone is special, then no one is special” thing, but I feel like they are going from (almost) everyone is special to (almost) no one is special.

I am somehow silver on Delta. It must be easy. I feel like I have only taken a few Delta flights this year, although one was x4 people. Other than moving up in boarding zones I am not sure silver gets me anything anyway.

i don't mind delta but almost never fly them with the good American options out of charlotte. lately have been bombarded with good deals to europe on Delta, but that ATL leg is a turnoff

I am somehow silver on Delta. It must be easy. I feel like I have only taken a few Delta flights this year, although one was x4 people. Other than moving up in boarding zones I am not sure silver gets me anything anyway.
free bag, priority check-in, the occasional upgrade. when I used to fly more pre-2020 I hit Silver a few times and got a couple of first class upgrades here and there.

I saw the real problem they had was that with the credit card use one you hit 25,000 dollars in use then there was no incentive to use the card anymore. This is suppose to incentive credit card use but now the miles to MQDs are way too stringent.

Back