• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Wait that doesn't make sense. If the guy moved from the aisle seat to the middle, one of the spouses would be sitting next him still regardless. Unless they mean across the aisle.

if that is the case then you have to have some real fucking audacity to ask. Only time I would think about it would be for a parent and young child, then im annoyed but would probably do it.
but if it's across the aisle then the two aisle people could switch

I was on a flight a year and a half ago where the a mother with a lap child were in the middle and she asked if I'd swap for my aisle.

I said no way in hell. Plan ahead people, or have elite status that let's you book the good seats before the gate.

hmm that's a tougher call for me. at least if she's on the aisle the kid can run up and down the aisle screaming the whole trip instead of stuffing cheerios up my nose and throwing up on me

hmm that's a tougher call for me. at least if she's on the aisle the kid can run up and down the aisle screaming the whole trip instead of stuffing cheerios up my nose and throwing up on me
he said it was a lap child so harder to run

never been asked to switch seats on a SWA flight

best domestic airline once again

Had near back to back trips the last two weeks on SWA. All the flights so far have been 25-50% full. My wife and I each had a row to ourselves on a morning flight from Houston. I was shocked that my last early evening flight was less than 50% full. I got an exit row window seat. There were only a few B boarders.

it's a lie anyway, no one has ever been asked to switch seats on SWA. see supra

If a flight attendant is asking for someone to switch for a child, and it's not a brutal middle seat situation, do it. They'll hook you up with free drinks/snacks at a minimum, and possibly miles if they really like you.

he said it was a lap child so harder to run
Lap children are the worst. When my older son was 18 months old, we flew SWA from FL to ME. I thought I was saving money by not buying him a seat (2 years was the cut-off) but it was a mistake. He proceeded to stomp on my balls the whole 3 hour flight. To this day it is a miracle we were able to conceive a second child after that experience...

Lap children are the worst. When my older son was 18 months old, we flew SWA from FL to ME. I thought I was saving money by not buying him a seat (2 years was the cut-off) but it was a mistake. He proceeded to stomp on my balls the whole 3 hour flight. To this day it is a miracle we were able to conceive a second child after that experience...

yep, 18 months is a trap. the worst flight i ever took was LA to Oahu middle seat holding my 18mo daughter. a fucking nightmare

That stuff happens in first class?!

If a flight attendant is asking for someone to switch for a child, and it's not a brutal middle seat situation, do it. They'll hook you up with free drinks/snacks at a minimum, and possibly miles if they really like you.
I have found it very easy to get free drinks. Asking the flight attendants how their day is, empathizing when they say it sucks etc. a tiny bit of friendly conversation has about an 80% free drink hit rate for me.

How often are yall ordering drinks on a flight? I am a borderline (full blown) alcoholic and I hardly ever do it. Really only if im upgrading to first class and it's not a business flight.

Last edited:
Back