• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One hand perpendicular on top of the other means...

Called a timeout last night after a 5-0 State run at the 13:46 mark of the second half. After the timeout they came back out and went on another 11-0 run on top of it stretching to the 10:59 mark of the second half (after the under 12 media timeout). Danny sent guys to the table shortly after the timeout (or maybe even right at the timeout) and there wasn't a dead ball until the 12:09 mark (at which point the total State run was at 13-0 with Wake in the lead 44-43).

I would like to see some stats on it as well. I imagine timeouts don't make much of a difference during runs and it's just something people want coaches to do because that's the way it's always been done. It would be interesting to see though.

We had two consecutive turnovers and a bad shot that capped off the 16-0 run that ultimately erased our lead (may have given back NCSU the lead, but I don't remember).

I understand wanting to conserve timeouts, but that could have been the game for us. We bounced back, which is big progress (IMO and based on patterns from the Louisville and Duke games), but I was really frustrated by that stretch because it was clear that everybody was out of sorts on both sides of the ball. That's what a timeout is for with a young team.

Other than that stretch, I thought we played our best game of the season last night. As a side note, I've finished watching four games this season and immediately thought that we played our best game of the season. Progress and real improvement are awesome sights to behold.

It's amazing how much longer ACC games (and likely most power conference games) last than other conferences even when the other games are on tv. I watch a good number of CAA games and its clockwork: in and out under two hours regularly.

I don't watch many non-ACC games so I haven't noticed this. I've never felt like college bball lasts too long. I wish they would worry more about 3.5 hour college football games.

Back