• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Her husband just died in a plane accident, may not be up for that.

Also as a couple Democrats said after the vote today, "we have our House speaker, if they want to know who we're putting up it's Jeffries, otherwise they can figure it out"

House Democrats are actually unified for once watching a GOP in disarray. Don't split them up.

Geez, McCarthy said he didn't think requiring a majority vote for speaker was a good rule.

House Democrats are actually unified for once watching a GOP in disarray. Don't split them up.

Geez, McCarthy said he didn't think requiring a majority vote for speaker was a good rule.
Ok, I hereby call off my very influential and effective campaign to nominate a bluedog. Forget I said anything.

So McCarthy actually compromised with Dems and loses his job over it. Sounds about right for our system.

“Compromised” by reneging on his previous compromise and giving America a 45 bandaid. Poor guy.

It’s evolved (especially in MAGA madness) into the most grave Republican sin if all…working with Democrats at all. They’d prefer to burn everything to the ground. Republican politics has become essentially wicked, dishonest and destructive.

Some day, maybe…hopefully, folks will look back in great shame at how they supported this destructive wickedness.

Are there any blue dogs?

Without doing a search, there aren't many midwestern House Dems and they're from the cities.
A lot got voted out following the Obamacare vote. My sister worked for one, don’t remember his name, but he was the next district east of Gaetz in Panama City (maybe Tally too?). Buncha crazy protestors in his Hill office for weeks.

His ass got canned after.

Menendez hasn't resigned and neither should Santos !

innocent til proven guilty, etc

Someone needs to remind Dems that they can just..... NOT speak.

Someone needs to remind Dems that they can just..... NOT speak.

The quote isn’t that bad for politician punditry but it’s far worse than just shutting up and letting them bury themselves.

“He could come back,” Sherman said. “Obviously, I’m not a real fan of how the Iraq War went, but I would think that any reasonable Republican would be somebody that Democrats could work with — if it was part of a system where you didn’t have five of the most extreme Republicans blocking important legislation and saying, ‘If you bring that to the floor for a vote, we’ll knock you out of your Speakership.’”

Polls last week showed that Gallego wins a three-way race with Sinema (15%) and Lake (36%). There's certainly no need to bolster Sinema.

Back