• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

They might? Trump has this weird quality where people tend to project their feelings onto him, and assume he feels the same. And a lot of people are convinced he's anti-war.

But they can do almost as much damage by not voting, or voting for RFK Jr or something.

A huge worry here is that younger typically Dem voters will conclude that the two parties are effectively the same on the big issues, like war and climate, so 'why bother voting?' This was Nader message in 1999 and a lot of us bought into it (it was an easier sell back then).

The truth is they are miles apart on a lot of stuff that matters, reproductuve rights, LGBTQ rights, not burn books, climate change, etc., but the impression that a big, gruesome, on the news everyday story like Gaza leaves is that there is no difference.

And a lot of that, once again, is just on the piss poor messaging of Dems for the past few decades.

We have seen how effective bringing abortion to the forefront of voters minds is. We need to keep tapping into that as we move closer to the election next year. That, and the overall threat of democracy too.

The follow up question should be "Do you think Trump would do a better job handling Israel?". Because I get the potential for voter apathy, but it isn't like those voters are going to switch to Trump.
I think he would do about the same job, fwiw.

And whatabouting isn't gonna change perceptions on a) the US's role in enabling the IDF's war crimes in Gaza and b) the party's messaging disaster in calling pro-Palestine demonstrators, many of whom are either Jewish (reliable dem voters), Arabs (reliable dem voters), or women of color (reliable dem voters), pro-Hamas or terrorist sympathizers. That's gonna be the challenge for Biden in this election and I think he's gotta address it bc there are some states where, based on 2020 numbers, Biden may need these folks to forgive him and show up to the polls.

I think he would do about the same job, fwiw.

And whatabouting isn't gonna change perceptions on a) the US's role in enabling the IDF's war crimes in Gaza and b) the party's messaging disaster in calling pro-Palestine demonstrators, many of whom are either Jewish (reliable dem voters), Arabs (reliable dem voters), or women of color (reliable dem voters), pro-Hamas or terrorist sympathizers. That's gonna be the challenge for Biden in this election and I think he's gotta address it bc there are some states where, based on 2020 numbers, Biden may need these folks to forgive him and show up to the polls.

maybe 2020 Trump

2024 Trump? no way, jose

maybe 2020 Trump

2024 Trump? no way, jose

The question was about Israel-Palestine.

Trump was pretty aggressive (e.g., moving the embassy to Jerusalem and supporting the Knesset’s rightward political turn ), but he arguably enabled what the Biden administration is now continuing to enable.

A link to a Sept 13 article from a subscription only website? You got something else I can read?

The follow up question should be "Do you think Trump would do a better job handling Israel?". Because I get the potential for voter apathy, but it isn't like those voters are going to switch to Trump.
what a shitty set of choices we've settled for, huh?

What's funny is that Biden has been fine up until this recent war in the middle east. His age is obviously a problem, but ironically, I wouldn't want a young Joe Biden. Young Joe Biden would likely be far more stubborn and less willing to listen to his advisors than this old one.

Last edited:
Because old Joe Biden has to listen to the progressive wing of his party.

Don't forget he sleeps through meetings so his advisors make the decisions!

Did I do that right?

Back