• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Which is what exactly? Would make my head hurt to hear the answer.
made me go down the rabbit hole:

To the uninitiated, their appearance at Donald Trump’s inauguration may have been a shock. However, those who are familiar with the band probably would not have seen this as a big surprise, for several reasons.
  1. They are a very patriotic band. Go through their discography and the signs are there.
    1. They partnered with the U.S. National Guard to create the song “Citizen Soldier,” named after the National Guard motto. The song and video were used by the National Guard as a recruitment video. If I could describe the video in a word, it would be “All-American.” This was one of their hit songs, reaching Gold sales according to the RIAA.
    2. The video for their song “When I’m Gone” was performed live on the aircraft carrier the U.S.S. George Washington. The video has a clear pro-military angle. This was also a hit single, reaching Gold sales.
    3. Their 2003 song “Here Without You” was used as an anthem for troops in the Iraq war. This was their second biggest single, reaching double platinum sales.
  2. This was not their first presidential inauguration. They played at George W. Bush’s inauguration in 2004.
  3. The band leans conservative according to their manager, Angus Vail,
While many other acts turned down invites to perform either as a show of protest or from fear that it would be career suicide, these guys aren’t too concerned with it. They weighed the pros and cons of performing and decided that it was worth it.
They further refused to play in venues that required masks and vaccines during the pandemic, cancelling numerous shows.

From their manager's interview in Vice:
So what are the band's political beliefs?
3 Doors have that God, guns and country black-and-white sort of viewpoint, and they spend a lot of time going to Iraq, doing service, playing for the troops. They believe it and that's just the way they see America. It's pretty hard to argue with. You say, "What about the nuances, what about the grey areas?" and they say, "No, no, God, guns, America is the greatest country on earth." They stick to that viewpoint."

made me go down the rabbit hole:

To the uninitiated, their appearance at Donald Trump’s inauguration may have been a shock. However, those who are familiar with the band probably would not have seen this as a big surprise, for several reasons.
  1. They are a very patriotic band. Go through their discography and the signs are there.
    1. They partnered with the U.S. National Guard to create the song “Citizen Soldier,” named after the National Guard motto. The song and video were used by the National Guard as a recruitment video. If I could describe the video in a word, it would be “All-American.” This was one of their hit songs, reaching Gold sales according to the RIAA.
    2. The video for their song “When I’m Gone” was performed live on the aircraft carrier the U.S.S. George Washington. The video has a clear pro-military angle. This was also a hit single, reaching Gold sales.
    3. Their 2003 song “Here Without You” was used as an anthem for troops in the Iraq war. This was their second biggest single, reaching double platinum sales.
  2. This was not their first presidential inauguration. They played at George W. Bush’s inauguration in 2004.
  3. The band leans conservative according to their manager, Angus Vail,
While many other acts turned down invites to perform either as a show of protest or from fear that it would be career suicide, these guys aren’t too concerned with it. They weighed the pros and cons of performing and decided that it was worth it.
They further refused to play in venues that required masks and vaccines during the pandemic, cancelling numerous shows.

From their manager's interview in Vice:
So what are the band's political beliefs?
3 Doors have that God, guns and country black-and-white sort of viewpoint, and they spend a lot of time going to Iraq, doing service, playing for the troops. They believe it and that's just the way they see America. It's pretty hard to argue with. You say, "What about the nuances, what about the grey areas?" and they say, "No, no, God, guns, America is the greatest country on earth." They stick to that viewpoint."
🤦‍♂️

With all their "troop support," I don't suppose anyone asked them what they thought of a president who called soldiers suckers and losers.

Katie Britt remains as creepy and insincere as she was in her now-infamous SOTU Response from her empty kitchen.

She said zero. Nothing. Other than the obvious evangelical christian nationalist overtones and desire to force her beliefs on everyone.

they’ll never think to look for you at your 80th birthday bonanza in Palm Beach

lol to be fair, Biden’s dog commander would have been euthanized by animal control a long time ago if it bit that many people in a community setting.

I only heard about him biting Secret Service agents and I don’t know anything about the context.

Back