• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

outside perspectives are funny...

Yeah, if Bzzzz drove off anybody, it was his first recruiting class.

Vic Bubas had a fantastic run at Duke and went to 3 final fours and won multiple ACC championships.

I think the previous poster was referring to the six seasons before Foster, which were mediocre.

You're wrong here. There was lots of talk about the K hire being a mistake. Duke fans were ready to run him out of town. I worked in Durham at the time and one of my co-workers was a long-time Duke fan. He was upset about the K hire and was ready to see him go. Also, recruiting info wasn't nearly as available to the average fan at the time. You might have heard of players but really had little idea how good they'd be until you saw them play.

I'm not wrong. I said that there was some of that sentiment around at the time. I just think it has been exagerrated over the years. It is not like the entire fan base was revolting...

Well they were revolting, just not in that sense of the word. We're talking Duke fans here...

I'm not wrong. I said that there was some of that sentiment around at the time. I just think it has been exagerrated over the years. It is not like the entire fan base was revolting...

Wrong again, but apparently you were around at the time and know better.

You're wrong here. There was lots of talk about the K hire being a mistake. Duke fans were ready to run him out of town. I worked in Durham at the time and one of my co-workers was a long-time Duke fan. He was upset about the K hire and was ready to see him go. Also, recruiting info wasn't nearly as available to the average fan at the time. You might have heard of players but really had little idea how good they'd be until you saw them play.

Good for you sunshine, but I hope every poster here knows that you are a fucking idiot and discards any opinion or thought you post.

Good for you sunshine, but I hope every poster here knows that you are a fucking idiot and discards any opinion or thought you post.

Yeah, we wouldn't want the truth getting out around here, would we twat? Bzzz > You, amirite? Yes.

Back