• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ovations Out?

What type of exceptions?

My understanding is that the bidders were given numbers by the Athletic Depart, and those numbers were highly skewed and very hard to figure out. As PhDeac posted earlier, the Athletic Depart probably gave them the over inflated attendance numbers, but I'd also surmise that Casstevens expertise and experience in cooking the books came into play, as well.

If this is true, then Ovations really shouldn't be in this line of work if they can't figure out a bid. As a project manager, I prepare and send out bids to about a dozen contractors my company does business with, ranging in estimates anywhere from $100k to over a $1m. Each one of the projects is unique and I clearly identify the scope of the project and always clearly spell out to contact me with any questions. If Ovations didn't understand something, they should have clarified or not bid. I have seen contractors bid, and I will call them to double check they understand a few things, and even saying they do, when the project is underway, they will try to come back and ask for more money or they didn't know that something was included. I don't have any idea what the real problem is, but one guess would be that Ovations is trying to cobble together a crew weekly to staff the games and they are having issues.

My understanding is that the bidders were given numbers by the Athletic Depart, and those numbers were highly skewed and very hard to figure out. As PhDeac posted earlier, the Athletic Depart probably gave them the over inflated attendance numbers, but I'd also surmise that Casstevens expertise and experience in cooking the books came into play, as well.

Demon, I can see that possibly, however anybody that has ever been to our football games in the last several seasons should be able to read between the lines on some of these numbers posted in the box score for football [and basketball in the Bz years] and how many were actually in the stands. I mean last year for Pres & La Monroe we put over 27,000 in the paper for each game....come on, our official capacity is 31,500--that is at best 14,500 on each side, 1500 on the Hill, 500 in the other end zone & 500 in the Tower. There was not 3000 for either of those games in the East stands and our side was at most 2/3 full. Presbyterian--ATTENDANCE: 26,202 & La Monroe--ATTENDANCE: 26,505 [I give each of those 13-15,000 at best]

Last year for the NC State game where we won 28-13, we listed the attendance as "30,642". State was horrible & in the midst of an 0-8 conference season and didn't bring many in red--from what I can remember you could have put everybody from the East side and crammed them in the middle 3 sections. Our side was 3/4+ full. So give it 20,000 at most last year.

Last edited:
Back