• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pat Kelsey

donaldross

Reaction score
Huge weekend for Pat Kelsey. His Winthrop team is the one seed in the Big South. The 2 and 3 seeds already were upset. Decent favorite today against #4 Gardner-Webb. His team would be a huge favorite on Sunday in the finals.

Pat has had Winthrop near the top of the league for a couple years now. He is 41 now and almost got the Ga Tech job last year. If he can get over the top and get to the dance this weekend, it seems it is likely he will get a Power 5 job this offseason.

Hopefully this former Deacon assistant will continue to do great things--hopefully not as one of our opponents in the league though!

Pat is a great dude. He's got that Skip Prosser charisma on campus it seems too. I follow him on Twitter, and he reminds me a lot of Skip.

He was great at the Father/Son camp we went to a few years ago.

He goes back to X after State hires Mack

Rising star in coaching. Got us Johnson and Mckie.

He gave one of the best motivation speeches I've ever heard at the Carolina Challenge a few years back. It's easily to see why kids want to go play for him. Think he could kill it on the recruiting trail.

how much of his success is due to the small number of seats in their arena?

Huge weekend for Pat Kelsey. His Winthrop team is the one seed in the Big South. The 2 and 3 seeds already were upset. Decent favorite today against #4 Gardner-Webb. His team would be a huge favorite on Sunday in the finals.

Pat has had Winthrop near the top of the league for a couple years now. He is 41 now and almost got the Ga Tech job last year. If he can get over the top and get to the dance this weekend, it seems it is likely he will get a Power 5 job this offseason.

Hopefully this former Deacon assistant will continue to do great things--hopefully not as one of our opponents in the league though!

Good thing they found an actual good young coach instead.

Would be a great hire for Clemson if the VCU guy falls through.

Um, no he didn't. GT's top 3 choices were Chris Mack, Jason Capel and Bryce Drew, in that order. After all three turned them down GT was left scrambling and the only reason that Kelsey's name was ever mentioned was because of his previous connection to both Mack and GT AD Bobinski at Xavier. He didn't interview with GT. From what I remember the only job interview that Kelsey actually had last year was for the HC position at James Madison.

Um, no he didn't. GT's top 3 choices were Chris Mack, Jason Capel and Bryce Drew, in that order. After all three turned them down GT was left scrambling and the only reason that Kelsey's name was ever mentioned was because of his previous connection to both Mack and GT AD Bobinski at Xavier. He didn't interview with GT. From what I remember the only job interview that Kelsey actually had last year was for the HC position at James Madison.

Jeff Capel

donaldross is merely presenting some "alternative facts" for your consideration.

Huge accomplishment for Pat. Skip Prosser has to be pretty happy upstairs. Hard work pays off for this intense young former Deacon assistant. Maybe he'll get a good draw and win a game. Good stuff.

Back