• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Perspective

OliveGardenDeac

Reaction score
fx1bW.jpg

I saw this on reddit this morning. Pretty crazy and simultaneously worthwhile to think about this every now and then.

Edit: Do not read 2nd and 3rd paragraphs if you are religious and a challenging question will annoy you.

Countdown to the intelligent design trolls trying to pass off their ideas as science.

Maybe God made the universe like a giant Jackson Pollock painting,....throw a few stars here....a few plantets there and see what happens....proof of this is the platypus...

massive pos rep to the "ogd needs some pussy" tagger

I guess this is as good a place as any to post this. The final words of Steve Jobs according to his sister:
Steve’s final words, hours earlier, were monosyllables, repeated three times.

Before embarking, he’d looked at his sister Patty, then for a long time at his children, then at his life’s partner, Laurene, and then over their shoulders past them.

Steve’s final words were:

OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/30/opinion/mona-simpsons-eulogy-for-steve-jobs.html?_r=2&pagewanted=3&sq=jobs&st=cse&scp=5

Yep, I am sure our universe was one big accident. When I look at the vastness of space of time, it certainly convinces me that the science of mankind, which is but a speck of dust on the beach of eternity, is the filter through which we should funnel all of our concepts of knowledge and faith.

:tard:

Looking at that picture, only convinces me of one thing: how small we truly are.

But science is dismissed by many of the religious...and the GOP.

Yep, I am sure our universe was one big accident. When I look at the vastness of space of time, it certainly convinces me that the science of mankind, which is but a speck of dust on the beach of eternity, is the filter through which we should funnel all of our concepts of knowledge and faith.

:tard:

Looking at that picture, only convinces me of one thing: how small we truly are.

God just put all those hundreds of billions of galaxies out there to test our faith. Same reason he put dinosaur bones in the ground on day 5

Back