• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Perspective

Things like that just make me more comfortable in my ignorance. But sometimes depressed.

Plus, my divinity school roommate tells me that most philosophically-minded Christians reject the idea that the Bible is an historical document. It's about the power of the story/mythology.

I am shocked you all are falling all over OGB for posting this but if someone were to run here and post an equally meaningless Jesus email chain he would be ridiculed. Vastly complex topics (like the existence of God) wrapped up in a cute little email forward is ridiculous IMO.

Things like that just make me more comfortable in my ignorance. But sometimes depressed.

Plus, my divinity school roommate tells me that most philosophically-minded Christians reject the idea that the Bible is an historical document. It's about the power of the story/mythology.

This is defintiely what most Jews and Roman Catholics believe, but there is huge segment of Chrisitans that believe the Bible is an historical document.

I am shocked you all are falling all over OGB for posting this but if someone were to run here and post an equally meaningless Jesus email chain he would be ridiculed. Vastly complex topics (like the existence of God) wrapped up in a cute little email forward is ridiculous IMO.

Please explain how this picture is meaningless. If it is, we must all resort to nihilism and cease to post on the political forum.

i think it's more that everyone is fucking tired of this conversation.

shame on OGB for trolling/baiting

i think it's more that everyone is fucking tired of this conversation.

shame on OGB for trolling/baiting

What exactly is this conversation? I thought I was posting a picture to put all our political differences in perspective by showing how small we are in the Universe. You know, pale blue dot.

But science is dismissed by many of the religious...and the GOP.

Apparently your sarcasm meter is not on. My point is that when you consider how small our planet is, and how much smaller a singular person is on this planet when compared to the vastness of the universe; that is ridiculous that we would hold our scientific process, which has been proven over and over and over and over and over again to be completely limited by our current point of view, to be the defining filter of the creation, purpose, and reason for not only our existence, but the existence of our entire universe.

The idea that there is not a greater power than homo-sapien and that instead a meaningless collision produced mankind is silly and completely depressing. But I made a sarcastic comment because I knew this was a troll and I am not really going to go any further, but I do think it is pretty funny that you thought I was serious.

Or maybe our scientists and little crappy tin foil telescopes are just as falliable and dumb as Jesus's disciples when it comes to understanding the universe, and those galaxies and stars operate in a completely different way than our feeble minds can comprehend, even with the help of a staggering 200 years of modern science.

Or maybe our scientists and little crappy tin foil telescopes are just as falliable and dumb as Jesus's disciples when it comes to understanding the universe, and those galaxies and stars operate in a completely different way than our feeble minds can comprehend, even with the help of a staggering 200 years of modern science.

I see what you are saying, but when you have an understanding of the physics behind what you see in telescopes and you have observational evidence from around the universe that confirms it, well I'm not sure you have much of an argument.

The "'oh wow' was his sled tag" is HOF worthy.

Back