• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Phil Steele pre-season All-Acc (4 teams)

To be fair, Lectro is referring to his attitude and work ethic. All WF fans know of his physical limitations. The kid was always noted to be a workaholic, even in high school. If Nikita ends up being half the player of a Curry or Abbate, we should be in good shape.

I'm referring to all of the above. To claim that Nikita has a greater attitude and work ethic than Either Abbate or Curry at this stage of the game is laughable. Both Curry and Abbate were work out freaks, consummate team leaders and it showed on the field. I'm sorry, Lectro's statement is way over-the-top.

Unfortunately, given Grobe's tendencies, Josh Harris better show up at practice and be a "tough guy" in order to get the ball. Sitting around nursing a hamstring injury is going to land him on the bench. I don't agree with it, but that's apparently how Grobie rolls.

You don't agree with that!?

Last edited:
I'm referring to all of the above. To claim that Nikita has a greater attitude and work ethic than Either Abbate or Curry at this stage of the game is laughable. Both Curry and Abbate were work out freaks, consummate team leaders and it showed on the field. I'm sorry, Lectro's statement is way over-the-top.

You are an "after the fact archivist guy"....you have no Vision.

Get in the back of the bus.

Agreed. Idiotic old school philosophy. The excuse Grobe usually rolls out is "well how will we know that he's tough enough to count on?"

You don't. You don't really know that ANY player won't get injured on a given play. You just play them, and when they get seriously injured you take them out.

Apparently there was a WF event in Durham recently, and the writeup was posted on Scout. I won't post it here, but a salient point was Grobe's statements at the event about Josh Harris. Apparently, Grobe thinks the kid is full of potential, but feels like he can't count on him b/c of "toughness" issues. After the Va Tech game, he said we gameplanned around Josh Harris for the MD game. After one of the opening drives, Grobe says "he got popped and just limped off the field." Obviously Grobe wanted him to sack up and stay on the field.

He's going to have to toughen up or no NFL.

Period....some of the "New School stuff" is straight bull-shit. Better get fucking ready to play...just as Chris Johnson could not break any tackles as a sophomore at ECU or Willie Parker not willing to run inside while at unc...he will either follow brilliant veteran leadership or he can bag groceries at the fucking zip and go.

Exactly. We had a ton of fans who were knocking Josh Adams at the same time as they were hyping up Josh Harris without noting the irony.

Josh Adams as a freshman - 219 carries, 953 yards, 11 TDs

Remember when people were salivating over this?

Be optimistic, but at least think about history before repeating it, Wake fans.

This sentence from the MD game write up:
"Redshirt freshman Josh Harris led the Deacons on the ground, rushing 10 times for 27 yards and a touchdown."

Adams only had 4 carries. None of the other RBs had one.

I don't doubt Grobe's story but it looks like the gameplan changed because we were down 27-7 at the half and gave up 28 points in the 3rd. Harris still got the most carries. He even had a carry on the last possession, so he definitely played.

But if Grobe was questioning his overall toughness, I agree. I didn't see enough last year to tell me he's going to be the every down grind it out back this team needs.

insert long fart here.

Last edited:

Here posterity seekers is one that I plan on jamming up the posterior for posterity.

You don't know squat about Nikita Whitlock...

typical deacon fan...last ones to the dance and always claim they were waiting outside all the time.

To be fair, Lectro is referring to his attitude and work ethic. All WF fans know of his physical limitations. The kid was always noted to be a workaholic, even in high school. If Nikita ends up being half the player of a Curry or Abbate, we should be in good shape.

He will have more effect on opposing offenses as either Abbate or Curry.

Back