• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pie or Cake?

Which is your go-to?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will reserve my pos rep for the actual recipe. I DRIVE A HARD BARGAIN

cream cheese frosting, a.k.a. the only good use for cream cheese.

Originally Posted by cookoutdeac View Post
Nomnomnom. I hate cookies, love cookie cake.

You shut your WHORE mouths when I'm talking to you.

2&2 Slider To Leyritz Strawberry Rhubarb Pie is the greatest desert on the planet. In season (now), I average eating about 1 a week from the Mooresville Pie Company. I ate half of one Monday and the other half yesterday. And pecan and blueberry are a close second and third.

Yes! My grandma used to bring over bags of fresh rhubarb that grew on her land every summer and we used to eat the shit out of strawberry-rhubarb pies and "rhubarb crunch." That shit was incredible. Luckily, the recipe was passed down to my wife who consistently makes it, albeit now with frozen rhubarb, ftl.

A perfect cake trumps a perfect pie e're day.

pos rep to the Adam Carolla tag. This is rant #43 for him....

Pie all the way for me, not a huge fan of cakes. Mah lady makes a bourbon chocolate pecan pie that's amazing.

I like cake, but love me some chocolate mousse pie.

I chose cake, but it's more about my love of frosting than the cake itself. Plus I have such a sweet tooth that when I eat pie, it's always chocolate, so that kind of feels like cheating to me.

My favorite cakes:

lemon cake / lemon icing
white cake / white icing / white choc. shavings on top (traditional wedding cake)
choc. pound cake / choc., marshmellow, and pecan icing (Texas chocolate cake)
plain pound cake
coconut cake

My favorite pies:
key lime
cheesecake (with or without any standard topping)
Kentucky Derby Pie from the Waterfall Grille (pecan, choc. chips, and bourbon)
lemon creme pie
choc. creme pie from K&W (with whipped cream and not meringue. God I hate meringue.)

24mz6ko.jpg

Tastykakes....:drool:

I voted cake, and it's not close call for me.

Pie
Pie
Me oh my
Nothing tastes sweet, wet, salty and dry
all at once o well it's pie
Apple!
Pumpkin!
Minced
an' wet bottom.
Come to your place everyday if you've got em'
Pie
Me o my
I love pie

I will reserve my pos rep for the actual recipe. I DRIVE A HARD BARGAIN

Peach Custard Pie

your favorite pie crust (not putting that recipe on here, make your own or buy one.)
8 ripe peaches

for Custard:
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 T. cornstarch
pinch of salt
1 t. vanilla
pinch nutmeg
1/2 cup milk

multiply 1.5 times for 9 1/2" or 10" pie

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Slice 8 or more ripe peaches into pie shell.

Pour custard into crust and sprinkle generously with cinnamon to taste

Bake pie for 15 min at 400 degrees. Reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake for another 50 to 60 min until a knife when inserted comes out pretty clean.

:drool:
One difficulty with this pie is that if the peaches are too juicy, the custard doesn't always set up as well as it should. So you have to find the right balance between flavor and moisture.

Pos rep away.

originally voted cake, but i think the comments, plus some self reflection, have swayed me. pie all way. let the record show that the vote should be 41% cake, 59% pie.

Back