• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pie or Cake?

Which is your go-to?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
cream cheese frosting, a.k.a. the only good use for cream cheese.

Cheesecake
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Pound Cake
Cheesy Cocktails (a cream cheese bacon and onion spread rolled in crescent dough and cut into tiny little rounds and then baked)

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie is the greatest desert on the planet. In season (now), I average eating about 1 a week from the Mooresville Pie Company. I ate half of one Monday and the other half yesterday. And pecan and blueberry are a close second and third.

Man, I'm not eating any desert that has a vegetable in it w/ poison leaves.

Cheesecake
Pound Cake
Cheesy Cocktails (a cream cheese bacon and onion spread rolled in crescent dough and cut into tiny little rounds and then baked)

Stop making me hungry, still got like 3 hours until lunch.

(also just bagel + cream cheese for bfast)

I'm fairly certain RTQ has the worst taste in food possible. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't like pizza.

Cheesecake
Pound Cake

Stop making me hungry, still got like 3 hours until lunch.

(also just bagel + cream cheese for bfast)

I make a wicked parmesan artichoke dip with no cream cheese, I am sure I could add spinach and it would still be awesome.

bagel + cream cheese = :sick:

I forgot about cheesecake because I tell myself I can't like it. Too fattening.

pound cake has cream cheese? first recipe on google doesn't (and goodness knows Paula Deen would throw the most fattening things in she could think of).

I've never heard of those cheesy cocktail things. they sound potentially good though.

I will admit I do make a buffalo chicken dip with cream cheese in it, it nauseates me to handle the cream cheese to cook it, but it turns out fine.

WHY DO YOU HATE CREAM CHEESE SO MUCH.

It nauseates you to make buffalo chicken dip!?

Cheesecake
Pound Cake

Not to mention vodka marinara sauce.

I'm fairly certain RTQ has the worst taste in food possible. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't like pizza.

hey now, I love pizza. even the worst pizza is still fairly awesome because it's pizza. like, even lunchables "pizza."

WHY DO YOU HATE CREAM CHEESE SO MUCH.

It nauseates you to make buffalo chicken dip!?

it is disgusting to handle blocks of cream cheese.

it also nauseates me to measure out a cup of mayo to make my parmesan artichoke dip, but it's a necessary evil.

I'm with you on the mayo. I cannot stand making things with mayonnaise in them.

Hey, nobody's food tastes will align with everyone else. I appreciate the restraint thus far.

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie is the greatest desert on the planet. In season (now), I average eating about 1 a week from the Mooresville Pie Company. I ate half of one Monday and the other half yesterday. And pecan and blueberry are a close second and third.

:werd:

My daughter and I went to visit my parent's two weeks ago and my mom made a strawberry-rhubarb pie for me. I ate the WHOLE THING... over the course of the weekend. Not sure which is my favorite between that or Peach Custard pie.

As a side note, rhubarb can also be made into a fantastic glaze for pork.

Don't have the recipe here, but I'll see if I can get my mom to e-mail it to me.

Back