• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

Good thing Wake didn’t play Elon after November. Probably would have lost.

Injuries masked the fact our offensive playbook is apparently so thin. MSU went in at the half and said "they only run 3 plays. If we can defend those 3 plays, we win."

Tough way to end such a successful season. Too many injuries to overcome with such a lack of depth. If we are going to do big things next year, we can’t have any key injuries at LOWF.

It should be an open QB battle going into next season. Newman didn't play well enough to be the starter going into next season. The Wake WRs helped make Newman look better than he really was.

Hate to say it but I think we have a qb battle on our hands. Jamie is was a disaster after the state game.

Well shit. I expected a lot more in the 2nd half out of the Deacs. D played hard and got lucky to keep us in it. Disappointing, but hard fought.

Extremely disappointing way to finish the season. Still upbeat on the direction we’re going, but we’ve got to get more variety on offense and the defense must get stronger. Maybe this will at least give the guys some extra fire as they prepare for next year.

definite open competition for the qb job, but without solving the protection issues it won’t matter too much against top teams.

I thought it was pretty obvious, at the end of the 3d period, that we were not going to win it if Newman remained at QB. He was missing on too many short passes. Hartman should have been substituted at that point, IMHO.

I think the coaching staff really let the team down at the end of the year with their inability to introduce some creativity into the offense and their very conservative (almost scared) decision making.

If Newman hadn't gotten hurt, would we have been blown out by Syracuse? Clawson makes the big bucks to make the tough but necessary decisions.

It is not open competition. Newman will be starter, assuredly when he returns.

We were undefeated when scoring first until our last 2 games.

Extremely disappointing way to finish the season. Still upbeat on the direction we’re going, but we’ve got to get more variety on offense and the defense must get stronger. Maybe this will at least give the guys some extra fire as they prepare for next year.

Yeah, I am disappointed, but if Wake can plug a find a corner to step up next year, then it could be a really special season.

Back