• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

assuming Clemson to CFP, VT beats VA and gets the Orange Bowl, ND gets Camping World and not NY6, WF beats Cuse

that leaves UVA, WF, UL, Pitt (?) in the Tier 1 scrum

Belk would prefer no UVA for the second year in a row, no WF since we'll be there in September, no Pitt because Pitt doesn't travel ->Belk prefers UL
Music City has to take an ACC school, UL is closest ->Music City prefers UL

Where does UL go?

Dates and times of possible WF destinations:

Pinstripe Bowl - Friday December 27 3:20 pm

Camping World Bowl - Saturday December 28 noon (that afternoon/night is the College Football Playoff Semifinals)

Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl - Monday December 30 4 pm

Capital One Orange Bowl - Monday December 30 8 pm (Not New Years Day)

Belk Bowl - Tuesday December 31 noon

Tony the Tiger (not kidding) Sun Bowl - Tuesday December 31 2 pm

assuming Clemson to CFP, VT beats VA and gets the Orange Bowl, ND gets Camping World and not NY6, WF beats Cuse

that leaves UVA, WF, UL, Pitt (?) in the Tier 1 scrum

Belk would prefer no UVA for the second year in a row, no WF since we'll be there in September, no Pitt because Pitt doesn't travel ->Belk prefers UL
Music City has to take an ACC school, UL is closest ->Music City prefers UL

Where does UL go?

Isn't it more complicated than that? Wake and the VT/UVA loser will be in Tier 1 because they've reached 8 wins. But if either Pitt or Louisville (on the road at UK) lose this weekend they could get jumped by 6-win teams like FSU, Miami or UNC (with a win this weekend would be an attractive option for the Belk Bowl) because teams aren't "protected" over teams with one fewer win.

Isn't it more complicated than that? Wake and the VT/UVA loser will be in Tier 1 because they've reached 8 wins. But if either Pitt or Louisville (on the road at UK) lose this weekend they could get jumped by 6-win teams like FSU, Miami or UNC (with a win this weekend would be an attractive option for the Belk Bowl) because teams aren't "protected" over teams with one fewer win.

yes, it is more complicated than that

yes, it is more complicated than that

I only mentioned that because my guess is that the Belk Bowl is holding out hope for a Louisville loss to Kentucky so that they could take UNC. Which raises another set of questions about how the ACC would choose the 4th Tier 1 team if the "protected" teams are UVA, Wake and Pitt. How would they decide whether to send Louisville to the Music City or UNC to the Belk? What you posted seems on point to the argument that the Belk Bowl has the bigger need and so maybe UNC gets pulled up to Tier 1. Leaving the Music City Bowl open for any of Pitt, Wake or UVA.

Do we know for sure there is any protection for teams with two more wins? I’ve always heard that but don’t know if it’s actually a rule.

When has IU football ever been desperately wanted?

Dates and times of possible WF destinations:

Pinstripe Bowl - Friday December 27 3:20 pm

Camping World Bowl - Saturday December 28 noon (that afternoon/night is the College Football Playoff Semifinals)

Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl - Monday December 30 4 pm

Capital One Orange Bowl - Monday December 30 8 pm (Not New Years Day)

Belk Bowl - Tuesday December 31 noon

Tony the Tiger (not kidding) Sun Bowl - Tuesday December 31 2 pm

Citrus Bowl on Jan. 1 is a possibility as well

Last year, I posted some possible itineraries for a nice Southwest trip that would incorporate the Sun Bowl. Not sure if I included the Grand Canyon in them. I’m pretty sure I suggested flying into ABQ and spending time there and in Santa Fe.
If anyone goes Ph's ABQ route suggestion, I highly recommend checking out the Petroglyphs National Monument. It's three different sites not far off of I-40 near a very busy part of the city. So, if you have the time, it's a great family day trip with plenty of good places to get a nice dinner afterwards.
Definitely bring binoculars and a cellphone... your cell camera filters can be used to enhance the drawings' visibility.

Also, Walter White's house is about 10 blocks away from the Rinconada Canyon site. So you can get some blue ice for the kids. Lol

Last edited:
Just realized as I was posting about the 2-win rule that Wake still needs either 1) a win over Cuse or 2) losses by both Miami and FSU to be guaranteed a Tier 1 bowl.

FSU will lose to Florida. Seems like a Miami win over Duke is a lock, but Miami just set the record for losing the most games in a season as a 14+ point favorite; so who knows.

Duke has lost 5 straight and has scored a total of 2 offensive TDs in its last 3 games, but Miami is coming off a loss to FIU. Doubt there will be 3000 people in attendance.

Both of these teams have nothing to play for. Duke can't get bowl eligible and Miami isn't going to improve its bowl status. I guess Miami is playing to guarantee a winning season though.

Will there be enough 6 win teams nationally to fill the bowls? If not, Duke could still have a shot if they get to 5-7

Official SIX WINS AND WE'RE BOWLING BUT WHERE?? Speculation thread

Will there be enough 6 win teams nationally to fill the bowls? If not, Duke could still have a shot if they get to 5-7

Yes duke would be in. They have the best APR of five win teams if they beat Miami

Back