• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

If UVA beats VA Tech and gets blown out in title game, there is a possibility for Wake to beat Syracuse and a number of expected loses Wake could sneak into the rankings.

Don’t see UVA falling out of the rankings in that scenario

Giglios track record is OK but not amazing. Loui to Orlando would surprise me a little just since they were there vs Alabama in the season opener last year.

Also they are underdogs against Kentucky this weekend so them going 8-4 would be an upset

Giglios track record is OK but not amazing. Loui to Orlando would surprise me a little just since they were there vs Alabama in the season opener last year

And yeah, he’s just flat wrong in the published scenario. If an ACC team other than ND goes to Orlando, then Tier 1 will definitely include a 7-5 team which would enable a 6-6 UNC to move into Tier 1 and potentially grab the Bell Bowl

And yeah, he’s just flat wrong in the published scenario. If an ACC team other than ND goes to Orlando, then Tier 1 will definitely include a 7-5 team which would enable a 6-6 UNC to move into Tier 1 and potentially grab the Bell Bowl

Not sure it matters, but UNC-CH started the season in Charlotte too. They've actually begun and ended the season in Charlotte before.

Honestly, there may be some advantage to Wake playing in the Belk Bowl before playing ND there next season. Depending on what we bring back, I think we have a shot at the Irish. When's the last time we beat a ranked team ? Was UNC-CH ranked when we played them this year ?

Honestly, there may be some advantage to Wake playing in the Belk Bowl before playing ND there next season. Depending on what we bring back, I think we have a shot at the Irish. When's the last time we beat a ranked team ? Was UNC-CH ranked when we played them this year ?

State last year

I took a closer look at the potential opponents in the Tier 1 bowls. At this point it’s easier to project the ACC opponents than it is to predict the ACC reps in these bowls. Of course, the Big 10, SEC and Pac 12 bowl reps all could be impacted by changes in the teams projected to go to the NY6 bowls. So nothing is set in stone.

Pinstripe Bowl –The most likely Big 10 rep is definitely Illinois. Michigan State would become another possibility with a win over Maryland tomorrow. Same with Nebraska if they can get past Iowa. There are some outlier scenarios where a ranked Big 10 team ends up here, but too unlikely to warrant mention.

Belk Bowl – Kentucky is most likely SEC rep. Less likely scenarios would include Tennessee and an at-large team (this would come into play if Texas A&M fell out of the Florida bowls and the SEC sent them to the Texas Bowl instead of sending a team to the Belk Bowl).

Music City Bowl – Mississippi State is most likely SEC rep.

Sun Bowl – Cal or the Apple Cup (Washington-Wazzu) loser are the most likely Pac-12 reps. Less likely possibilities would include the Apple Cup winner or Arizona State.

As a follow-up to an earlier post, the Gator Bowl has now acknowledged discussions with the ACC, Big 10 and Music City Bowl about swapping their Big 10 team for an ACC team. But it still doesn’t seem likely and would only come into play if the Gator could get a really attractive ACC team to match against its SEC rep.

Will the team that won the very first Gator Bowl ever get invited back?

Will the team that won the very first Gator Bowl ever get invited back?

Not likely. I remember in 2006 in the week before the ACC Championship, the Gator Bowl was trying their best to get out of inviting Wake (that was when the ACC Championship loser automatically went to the Gator Bowl). They were such dicks about it that I hope we turn them down if we ever get invited.

Thanks for that breakdown. That would rule out Louisville for the Belk along with seemingly every other possible team who has played recently or will play in Charlotte soon.

I think the commentators just said VT has a slim chance at the OB if they win. Not sure where they are getting that information if I heard correctly.

I think the commentators just said VT has a slim chance at the OB if they win. Not sure where they are getting that information if I heard correctly.

I think what they said is there is a very slim chance that the winner of the game wouldn’t go to the OB.

So far, looks like UVA is going to blow VT out and head to the OB.

Best scenario for us quite frankly to get to the OB is for UVa to win. They are not ranked right now, so they would just ease into the bottom of the Top 25. We win against Syracuse and we are again close to the Top 25. VT falls totally out of the Top 25 with their 4th loss. Now we need UVa to get pounded by Clemson like everybody else has had done to them. Then both VT & UVa have their 4th loss and we are last team standing in the ACC with 3 losses. We shall see,

Back