• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

It had been better for us that UVA won, right, because it knocked tech out of the polls, allowing us to enter them at 9-3 once UVA got thrashed in Charlotte? Thus it’s a stupid irony that with 24 hours we both love and hate the random oddball score 39-30.

With Duke in control, all we need is UF to beat FSU for Wake to lock up a Tier 1 bowl.

And Duke. You figure you beat Miami and VT and a winning season should be a no-brainer.

The crazy Coastal. I was messaging a Miami friend about both of our program’s woes. Miami fans are in a perpetual state of thinking they should be better with nothing to show for it. They could win or lose any game they play and it would be completely in character.

While it’s a shitty bowl, is it within the realm of possibility that Wake goes to the Military Bowl in Annapolis?

If UF beats FSU, we can't fall to a tier two bowl.

Literally, does it fucking matter? 8-4 is a disaster for where this team was 6 weeks ago. Nobody wants to see this team in anything other than the orange.

Lulz. You need to get on board with the three straight shitty bowl win narrative.

Are we still the same team we were 6 weeks ago? Could have sworn we were missing some things.

And if it's OB or bust and people dont think we've taken the next step, then we are a far more delusional fanbase than I realized.

Not to mention, it is possible we return all but 1 impact player from a "Orange Bowl or bust" team.

I get that we don't want a LOWF attitude , but some of you are going wayyyy too BOWF. There is a middle ground and thats where we are. Upper middle is where we were before we got injured, and now we're just middle again. Its not a step back bc of the possible returnees and depth Clawson has built.

Last edited:
So logic would say V. Tech to Belk, Louisville to Nashville, Pitt and Wake to Sun and Pinstripe. Both bowls I assume would prefer Pitt over Wake, and both Wake and Pitt would prefer the Pinstripe. We’ll see how good Curry is politically.

Literally, does it fucking matter? 8-4 is a disaster for where this team was 6 weeks ago. Nobody wants to see this team in anything other than the orange.

Good God, embrace the reality. In the last 6 weeks we’ve lost a starting safety, stud MLB, 2 All-ACC receivers to injury and one of our rotational RB’s gets himself suspended. Then today our starting QB goes out with injury and the very-capable back-up performs pretty damn well. Today’s team was a far cry from the one 6 weeks ago.
8-4 with a chance to extend our bowl winning streak to a school record 4. These are still the best times in Wake football history thanks to what Clawson has built.

So logic would say V. Tech to Belk, Louisville to Nashville, Pitt and Wake to Sun and Pinstripe. Both bowls I assume would prefer Pitt over Wake, and both Wake and Pitt would prefer the Pinstripe. We’ll see how good Curry is politically.

Pitt was in the Sun Bowl last year so I doubt they will be going back. If it comes down to Wake and Pitt and the Sun and Pinstripe, then we will be in El Paso and Pitt in NYC.

I imagine we will see a lot of speculation that Pitt will get jumped by a 6 win team. We’ll see how good Pitt is politically.

Are we still the same team we were 6 weeks ago? Could have sworn we were missing some things.

And if it's OB or bust and people dont think we've taken the next step, then we are a far more delusional fanbase than I realized.

Not to mention, it is possible we return all but 1 impact player from a "Orange Bowl or bust" team.

I get that we don't want a LOWF attitude , but some of you are going wayyyy too BOWF. There is a middle ground and thats where we are. Upper middle is where we were before we got injured, and now we're just middle again. Its not a step back bc of the possible returnees and depth Clawson has built.
Dumb. You don't think 9-3 and an OB option are where this team should be? Part of the problem.

I don’t think we fall to a tier 2 bowl.

There are only 4 ACC teams (5 if you count ND) with 8+ wins. Clemson will be in the CFP, UVa in the OB, and ND to Camping World, leaving 4 Tier 1 bowls for Wake and VT and 2 7-5 teams, most likely Louisville and Pitt will be the only remaining 7-5 teams. Belk wants VT, and Music City would love to have Louisville*. Pitt was in the Sun Bowl last year, so they will be in the Pinstripe and we will be in the Sun Bowl.

*If the Gator and Music City swap, it's most likely that the Gator will want Louisville over Wake or Pitt.

Dumb. You don't think 9-3 and an OB option are where this team should be? Part of the problem.

If you are saying that this Wake team should have beaten that Cuse team, then I agree.

So who are you blaming exactly? Is it the coach, the QB or the other players that put us in that position to begin with?

Bad games happen. The timing on this one sucks, but rooting for other teams to lose to secure a spot in X bowl game isnt how I roll. We are not a tier 1 team right now, and still might get into a tier 1 bowl.

I think with appx 1 month to prepare, the timing of our offense will be greatly improved (assuming Newsome is good to go). We are going to be a pain in the ass for any opponent we are projected to face.

As I mentioned in the game thread, Hartman probably actually has more reps than Newman with the current receiving corps.

Last edited:
Back