• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Fantasy Football League #2

Well by that logic, it should be 6 teams in a 12 team league, right?

Don't want to be inconsistent, and also want to be fair. Probably need either a league vote or an ellis commish ruling.

How are the four promotions determined for next year? Figure if you do 6 playoff teams, the best two records would automatically be promoted (since they would advance to the semifinals). Teams 3-6 would have to win one game to advance. Plus gives an advantage to the top two teams to win the league.

As an impartial observer, I'd say go with the 6 teams.

Currently, it's now 6 by overall ranking. I will hear arguments for anything different.

Currently, it's now 6 by overall ranking. I will hear arguments for anything different.

As it currently stands, 5 of the 6 are in one league, and the other league only has 1 team. And the other team in the dominant league is tied for 4th place with everybody else. Don't want one league to be the only league in the playoffs.

Hold up. Are the playoff rules being changed at the last minute?

And if one league has the best teams, they should all be in the playoffs instead of some of them being punished for having to go against the best teams twice.

Hold up. Are the playoff rules being changed at the last minute?

And if one league has the best teams, they should all be in the playoffs instead of some of them being punished for having to go against the best teams twice.

I didn't set the regulations or playoffs or anything up for this league, just offered to co-commish with ellis, who left the stuff the same as last year when there was only an 8 team league. So I'm not so much changing it last minute as just now figuring out that I have to set it up fairly. I don't mean to blame ellis; that's on me. 6 teams is fair to make the playoffs, I have no idea what the standard is for how those 6 teams are decided, but overall record/points seems to make sense to me. I am solidly in either way, so I don't think I can be very biased, but I'm more than willing to hear arguments. I don't know if there's a precedent for league vote or what.

Hoping at some point, ellis will intervene because I don't want to make a decision unilaterally, but he started this whole thing, so I wouldn't care if he did.

In summary, 6 teams by overall record makes sense, unless the league has anything crazy to add, that's what I'm leaving it as.

Congrats PhDeac for getting the last spot, what a huge week

Rev, your team is sick. Good luck in the finals.

I got wrecked by York. Good luck, finalists!

Wow, so it comes down to Dez Bryant vs Santana Moss.

sent via Tapatalk on Galaxy Note II

Back