• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

my dog definitely barfed all over the back seat one time after i picked him up from daycare and left for a minor-road trip; he was not anxious. he drank a shit ton of water when he got into the car then barfed; i had to stop a target to buy a towel

Has anyone had a dog that got car sick? Mine has been trembling in the car, and when we hit the highway she'll hang her head and sometimes pant heavily. (She did the panting thing at the vet, so I asked what it was, and the vet said it was likely due to anxiety.) Thanks!

Yep. Our dog drooled, trembled and yelped non-stop in the car really bad when she was a puppy. Either my wife or me sitting in the back with her would help just a bit, but after a 10 minute ride to the vet whoever was back there would be soaked. Rides from Cary to W-S were a blast. She eventually got over it by the time she was about a year and a half old. Probably a combo of getting used to it as a result of my wife taking her for a 5 minute ride to the park every day, and just growing out of it.

Yeah, all of my puppies got carsick, but they all outgrew it.

Has anyone had a dog that got car sick? Mine has been trembling in the car, and when we hit the highway she'll hang her head and sometimes pant heavily. (She did the panting thing at the vet, so I asked what it was, and the vet said it was likely due to anxiety.) Thanks!

My sisters developed it when she turned one. She would ride weekly up to that point. Then it all changed. For long rides the vet put her on otc Dramamine. You can also do benedryl.

We got a Labrodoodle about 6 months ago. I cannot overstate how awesome these dogs are. Smart, trainable, clean, great with kids. If anyone is looking for a great family dog, let me know and I can recommend the breeder.

We got a Labrodoodle about 6 months ago. I cannot overstate how awesome these dogs are. Smart, trainable, clean, great with kids. If anyone is looking for a great family dog, let me know and I can recommend the breeder.

We are in the same boat. Energy level is unbelievable. I can't wait until it warms up around here and she gets older so we can run together.

Yeah but they hate bearded dudes :(

No that's my dog bro

And he's actually gotten a LOT better about that. He still freaks out and turns into an anxious, defensive wreck when new strangers come into the apartment, but that's something we'll probably always have to live with.

No that's my dog bro

And he's actually gotten a LOT better about that. He still freaks out and turns into an anxious, defensive wreck when new strangers come into the apartment, but that's something we'll probably always have to live with.

Haha no TWs dog wanted nothing to do with me. Very #nervous

fzSWzkD.gif

Last edited:
Our dog has adjusted so well to the baby. He's a little more needy than normal, but that's about it.

Little Maya is perfectly on track to end up at about 42-43 lbs. Sweet.

Wo, Tux is gonna be smaller than that. I think he'll end up around 35 once we put on some much needed weight. Only like 28 lbs now (up from 24 when he was pulled off the mean streets of Charlotte).

We've had so many peeps ask us about/assume he was a purebred German Shepherd puppy over the past couple days (he's at least 2-3 years old though).

Gotta include pics on teh pet thread:

At the adoption place:

r2vb1Efh.jpg

Taking a nap:

IZdzZEph.jpg

Great looking dog, kukowt.

Thanks! Wasn't planning on getting a dog until the summer, but this guy was too cute to pass up.

He's really sweet/nice to humans (and other dogs from what I've seen, maybe too sweet to some females since he juuust got neutered) but we're still working on crate training/not barking so much and better leash manners. He's pretty smart when you can keep his attention though.

I love my dog to death but he can be such a dick. He contracted kennel cough somewhere in Winston and kept me up all night last night with his coughing. So I take him to the vet this AM to get that sorted out and the vet bill is $100 for the visit and meds. No biggie, just glad he is going to be okay. Then proceed to go to the pet store and buy him a much needed new bag of food and a few toys, bones and treats because I feel bad that he is under the weather. Boom, 100 more dollars. No worries, I like dropping money on him. The treats consisted of a bag containing 550 small treats for training (he loves these things). I then go back to work and forget that I left the bag of treats on the counter. Get home and the entire bag of 550 treats is eaten and then he proceeds to spend the last hour puking them up all over my freshly clean floor.

I love my dog to death but he can be such a dick. He contracted kennel cough somewhere in Winston and kept me up all night last night with his coughing. So I take him to the vet this AM to get that sorted out and the vet bill is $100 for the visit and meds. No biggie, just glad he is going to be okay. Then proceed to go to the pet store and buy him a much needed new bag of food and a few toys, bones and treats because I feel bad that he is under the weather. Boom, 100 more dollars. No worries, I like dropping money on him. The treats consisted of a bag containing 550 small treats for training (he loves these things). I then go back to work and forget that I left the bag of treats on the counter. Get home and the entire bag of 550 treats is eaten and then he proceeds to spend the last hour puking them up all over my freshly clean floor.

Got great news this morning. Our last foster failure, Chester, is now 100 percent heartworm negative. Whew!

Back