• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Podcasts

lazydeac

Reaction score
I am in the car for 2+ hours nowadays and I'm looking for some good podcasts I can play on iTunes from my phone.

What are your favorite podcasts?

I listen to BS report at work. If you haven't listened to them so far that's about 300 hours of entertainment available right there if you dig through the archives.

Adam Carolla Podcast
BS Report
Doug Loves Movies (probably the funniest one I listen to)
Comedy Bang Bang
Filmspotting (for pretty good movie discussion)
This Week in Tech
Wait Wait Don't Tell Me

Any of the NPR ones, primarily Most E-mailed, Planet Money, It's All Politics, Education, Economics, and Technology.
This American Life
Marketplace
The Economist
echo BS Report, I'm just now getting back into that one through his NBA Finals and Draft podcasts
Firewall and Iceberg Podcast (Alan Sepinwall and Dan Fienberg on TV)

The Onion's AV Club does a weekly round-up of that week's best podcasts:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/week-of-june-30july-6,58663/

My favorites are:

BS Report w/ Bill Simmons
Jonah Keri Podcast
Sports Poscast w/ Joe Posnanski
Firewall & Iceberg w/ Allan Sepinwall & Dan Feinberg (TV)
Comedy Bang Bang
Derrick Kosinski Podcast (Real World/Challenge interviews)
Smodcast w/ Kevin Smith & Scott Mosier (although this one has gotten a bit stale, as Smith goes to the bj & anal well way too much)

I also check out the occasional WTF w/ Marc Maron, Nerdist w/ Chris Hardwick, and Doug Loves Movies w/ Doug Benson depending on the guest.

Last edited:
I need to incorporate some new podcasts.

Right now I pretty much only listen to Stuff You Should Know and Fat to Fit Radio (good if you need some exercise and eating better motivation).

Car Talk
It's All Politics
Politics UK
Slate Political Gabfest
Wait Wait
Stuff you should know
Stuff you missed in history class
Sometimes I listen to World Have Your Say if it's a really good topic because the callers are hilarious
The Economist

I need to incorporate some new podcasts.

Right now I pretty much only listen to Stuff You Should Know and Fat to Fit Radio (good if you need some exercise and eating better motivation).

howstuffworks.com does other pretty solid podcasts. "Stuff you missed in history class" is terrific.

In addition to the ones mentioned, I would add:

Jordan, Jesse, Go! (two guys and a guest bullshitting about pop culture)
The Sound of Young America (interviews with very interesting guests)
Judge John Hodgman (John Hodgman judges mundane disagreements in a very funny way)
My Brother, My Brother, and Me (three really hilarious brothers hosting an "advice show")
The Tobolowsky Files (Stories of life, love, and the entertainment industry told by Stephen Tobolowsky)
WNYC's Radiolab (Can't really be described... just the most interesting radio show in the country probably)
WTF With Marc Maron (long, intimate interviews with people from the world of comedy)
Sklarboro Country (sports-themed comedy podcast)

Last edited:
The Sound of Young America was linked to another podcast I typically listen to. Look forward to checking it out.

Going to check out Sklarboro Country, too. Those guys are pretty funny.

The stuff ones look good, too.

Thanks.

I'm kind of a fanboy for the Maximum Fun empire (and really, anything Jesse Thorne does. Put This On is a pretty great men's fashion video podcast/blog).

Ph - you would really like the Tobolowsky Files I think. Give it a listen sometime.

I'll add it to the list.

Judge John Hodgman (John Hodgman judges mundane disagreements in a very funny way)

I've been meaning to look into this. One of my friends was judged recently, so I listened to part of that episode. Sounds like it's pretty funny.

I've been meaning to look into this. One of my friends was judged recently, so I listened to part of that episode. Sounds like it's pretty funny.

This American Life - outstanding for long car trips

Adam Corolla - his guests are so/so, but I think his show is great

which episode? Hodgman is a funny dude, but his humor probably has a pretty narrow niche. If it's a good argument he's judging, the show is really good.

Back