• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Podcasts

which episode? Hodgman is a funny dude, but his humor probably has a pretty narrow niche. If it's a good argument he's judging, the show is really good.
It was a quick one right after the main judgement. Episode 22. It was the question about whether he could count that he visited a state that he and his mom had been in briefly (crossed a bridge from TN to AR I think?)

I listen to:

BS Report
Adam Carolla
Filmspotting
/filmcast
AV Talk
Firewall & Iceberg
Wait, wait don't tell me
Culture happy hour
This American life
How stuff works
Random Liverpool FC podcasts

It was a quick one right after the main judgement. Episode 22. It was the question about whether he could count that he visited a state that he and his mom had been in briefly (crossed a bridge from TN to AR I think?)

What did he rule? I count Iowa based on the 10 or so miles of Iowa cornfields I drove in from KC to Lincoln.

One thing I like about podcasts is they really give a comedian an opportunity to find a niche and work within it. Some funny people have a tough time finding a place to fit. On the other hand, you have people like Jon Benjamin who are funny as hell on anybody else's stuff, but his own show is horrible.

He ruled he could count it as visited since they actually drove over and stood there for a while (I believe he ruled against airports counting).

Bump - any other suggestions? I've run out of Radiolab podcasts.

Starting with This American Life and the BS Report.

Dude, Adam Carolla podcasts are the shit. I gotta give a shoutout to Manifest Destiny for tunring me on to them.

Comedy- Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast, The Joe Rogan experience
Sports- BS report,The Herd, PTI
Politics- Left,Right and Center, Real Time with Bill Maher

Ive listened to adam carolla everyday fot a year. Awesome guests mixed with Carollas angry white mans rantings make for an entertaining show. Lots of inside info on the entertainment business from an inherent outsider in Carolla.

The Thomas Jefferson Hour. It's great if you're a history nerd. This guy Clay Jenkinson is a humanities scholar who portrays TJ and talks about issues facing the country today through his eyes. They talk about national debt, the second amendment, poverty and freedom, the occupy movement, Iraq and Afghanistan, the Adams/Jefferson letters, etc. It can get a little hokey with the music and the host of the show referring to Jenkinson as "Mr. Jefferson," but overall it is very informative and extremely well presented. Jenkinson is very good at explaining things in a way that even keeps my wife's attention. I was on a 14 hour road trip recently and listened to about 10 hours of the podcasts.

Back