• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Prayer Warriors Needed For A Son Of WFU

DemonDEKEn

Reaction score
Demon Deacons:
When, where, how, and to whom you pray isn't important. I just ask that you pray.
A close friend, who is a WFU grad and huge supporter of WFU, has been battling cancer for many months, and after enduring rounds of chemo and a surgery, doctors believed him to be cancer-free and told him as much last week. Yesterday, only one week later, he was told that the cancer is back, has metastasized throughout his body, and he has 4-6 months to live.
Now is not the time to question the disparity of the diagnoses. There will be time for that later. Now is the time to pray for what many may refer to as a miracle, but believers know to be the healing hand of God to touch the life of this man. May the Lord heal him, where modern medicine has failed him. One of our own and his family need your prayers.
Thank you!

prayer+warriors.jpg

Last edited:
I am most definitely in. Prayers for healing for one of our own, and if that is not His will, for peace and comfort.

Please PM me for more details so that we can pray for him at church by name.

In for prayers for your friend and a fellow Deacon.

Prayers for him and his family and loved ones. This is a terrible turn of events to deal with mentally as well as physically.

Thank you to all who sent prayers, but I ask for prayers one more time...for peace and comfort for John A. Richardson, III and his family. Unfortunately, the cancer has spread much quicker than even the doctors imagined, and John is now at the Hospice facility in Winston-Salem. A true son of WFU, John is old gold and black, through and through...please pray for him and for his family.

Thank you to all who sent prayers, but I ask for prayers one more time...for peace and comfort for John A. Richardson, III and his family. Unfortunately, the cancer has spread much quicker than even the doctors imagined, and John is now at the Hospice facility in Winston-Salem. A true son of WFU, John is old gold and black, through and through...please pray for him and for his family.

Wow, that's tough news to read. Will definitely keep him and his family in my thoughts.

When the pain ceases and the suffering ends, life begins. As I was posting the above, John made his journey to be with the Lord. He has been blessed with eternal life, and, while he will be missed terribly, we will meet again one day. Thank you, prayer warriors.

wow, DEKE, so sorry for your loss. thoughts and prayers for all those affected by his passing.

I am very upset to hear this. What an incredibly sad turn of events. I never met John here on this Earth, but I look forward to meeting him one day. I will pray for his family and friends to find peace, strength and comfort in this very difficult time.

I will also pray for the folks who posted the last two tags below. I honestly don't understand how people can be so cruel and insensitive. Can't you hold off just once?

Condolences to his family and friends. May they find solace and comfort in the Lord as they grieve John's death.

Back