• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Preseason Bahamas Basketball Thread

It's August, have we ever played this early before? What we're getting out of it is hopefully shaking off some cobwebs before practice really starts.

How does practice work with this sort of exhibition anyway? Once this is over, does the team have to wait until the official first day of practice is allowed by the NCAA?

I just do not see the benefit in playing the walk-ons this much even if it is an exhibition. Let our key guys get as much experience as possible playing together. Work on some basic sets. Get our guys communicating on defense. Such a waste of time having guys run up and down the floor out of sync playing with guys they won't play with all season. I seriously think my church league team would give this other team a run for their money. This is ridiculous.

38-22 half...

This only worthwhile to build chemistry.

Exactly. And there's something to be said for that. By the time they get back to a full practice schedule in October, they'll have a familiarity with coaching staff expectations and routine that wouldn't have been the case otherwise. And if they can score 50 points this half ... blowing them out the rest of the way ... it won't be all that bad.

The tour is more for the 10 extra practices we got beforehand. These games are just what we had to go through to get that.

And a free trip for the guys to see the Bahamas.

It would be great if our Donovan gets about 10 mpg to cover L'Ville's Donovan Mitchell. I know they don't play the same position, but think of the fun for the broadcasters. :)

If we were to get Brandon Randolph, that would add to the confusion. I'm willing.

All these somewhat capable but not great players make me concerned that Manning will play 11 guys and not settle into a core group of best players.

good lord, the other team sucks

Back