• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Preseason Bahamas Basketball Thread

In the regular season I do not want to see TVH ever in a non-blowout. DM has wasted a lot of Washington's development in this tourney playing TVH.

Unbelievably bad defense by the shockers.

I am not sure if McClinton has improved or it is just the quality of the opponents. For the first time, I am thinking he may be a net positive for 15 minutes a game. Probably just fools gold.

In the regular season I do not want to see TVH ever in a non-blowout. DM has wasted a lot of Washington's development in this tourney playing TVH.
Huh? 8xdeac parody?

4 years of development out the window because he didn't get much PT in 3 games against church league competition 3 months before his first game of his freshman year?

I think our walk ons could've given the shockers a good fight. I'd place the spread at shockers -3.

I only saw the second half. Obviously, DM told them to push the ball at every opportunity, even the scruffs were trying to do it. Ialso wonder if the refs were told to call it very close because they were seemingly blowing their whistles at any contact.

Doral is definitely still a work in progress. With his size and athletic ability, he should have been able to dominate these guys on both ends of the floor. His bball IQ isn't quite there yet to allow him to do it. I still think Chill just has a natural PG mentality and knows how to handle the ball. Obviously Crawford and Collins are several levels above the Shockers athletically. Crawford has serious talent. Chill's a smarter player with the ball. Keyshawn is going to be good for us.

TVH's sole value at this point is to not make completely stupid plays and that he generally sticks to his man. Even in a game like this, nothing else about his game stood out. Good HS player, but man, his offensive game just does not translate at this level. He's just a somewhat glorified walk on. Wilbekin is a step up from that but behind the other guards.

It's been an interesting to watch all the guys get run against relatively inferior competition. Certain abilities stand out.

Of the frosh, liked RW's game the best tonight....seemed more comfortable tonight.

I'm assuming TVH is getting another year on scholarship. Good for him cutting that student debt in half. He & likely His family must have been ecstatic when o'boy from C Fla bailed on Wake.

Back