• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Preseason Bahamas Basketball Thread

I agree with everything about #4 except for the first sentence. Collins is clearly the starting center. The only question would be if Manning would entertain starting Collins and Moore together.

Yeah I probably should have just phrased it differently and said Collins may be the 4 if a big man emerges worst starting at the 5.

I think if Collins as a 4 which is why I wrote it that way.

Last edited:
Thanks for writing that. I thought the BSD guys might calculate the basic stats (mins, FG%, 3%, FT%, TO, assists, rebs, blocks, points) from the 3 games.

If I get time I may do that this afternoon. Been thinking about doing that.

Yeah I probably should have just phrased it differently and said Collins may be the 4 if a big man emerges worst starting at the 5.

I think if Collins as a 4 which is why I wrote it that way.

I do too, but I thought of Devin as a 4 as well. Doesn't matter because Dinos is going to see plenty of minutes at stretch 4.

Pretty good summation, but Greg McC is gonna play more than 5 minutes per. You can double or triple that prediction IMO. Mitchell is for me, the frosh farthest from contributing ACC minutes, and don't expect to see much of Washington come ACC time either. You can pull minutes from both and probably Woods as 30 minutes seems pretty ambitious there, to get to a number between 10 and 15 for McClinton.

I definitely see the defensive upside of starting Moore with Collins. With Woods, Arians and Crawford, we'd have enough shooting to survive not using a stretch-four. Plus, both Moore and Collins can shoot it out to 12 feet. I think our biggest issues will be defense and rebounding and Moore has more potential to impact that than anyone else.

Pretty good summation, but Greg McC is gonna play more than 5 minutes per. You can double or triple that prediction IMO. Mitchell is for me, the frosh farthest from contributing ACC minutes, and don't expect to see much of Washington come ACC time either. You can pull minutes from both and probably Woods as 30 minutes seems pretty ambitious there, to get to a number between 10 and 15 for McClinton.

Those were just my minutes. I agree that Greg will likely see 10 minutes. Coach Manning likes what he brings a lot more than I do.

I think Woods will get as many minutes as he can handle. Unless he has conditioning or foul troubles, he is going to be around 30 minutes.

I definitely see the defensive upside of starting Moore with Collins. With Woods, Arians and Crawford, we'd have enough shooting to survive not using a stretch-four. Plus, both Moore and Collins can shoot it out to 12 feet. I think our biggest issues will be defense and rebounding and Moore has more potential to impact that than anyone else.

Dinos and Collins both hold their weight as far as rebounding goes. I actually think we will be fine there.

Arians does not rebound pretty much at all, but hardly ever turns the ball over...so that's nice.

Does anyone know Arians % from three over the 3 games? Seems like he was quite good.

Turnovers are going to be a problem given how many first and second year players we're going to be relying on this year.

But it is encouraging to see 3 guys shoot over 50% from 3. I don't care what the competition is, I don't think we had 3 guys who could hit 50% in practice last year.

As for free throws, I don't expect our team average to be great, but hopefully we have at least 2 guys (maybe Woods, Dinos or Arians, preferably not a freshman) that we can can count on late in games in intentional foul scenarios. That's another thing we didn't have last year that hurt us, most notably against UVA. I know it's a low bar, but it's crazy how many basic things [name redacted]'s tenure left us without.

Last edited:
Chill hit a lot of big free throws at WCA. Just by his dad I'm sure he is a reasonably good FT shooter.

Dinos and Collins both hold their weight as far as rebounding goes. I actually think we will be fine there.

Arians does not rebound pretty much at all, but hardly ever turns the ball over...so that's nice.

Arians was the second leading rebounder in the Bahamas (after Collins). Not sure if he played more minutes than most

Arians was the second leading rebounder in the Bahamas (after Collins). Not sure if he played more minutes than most

I think that's more of an outlier based on sample size than what we can expect.

His rebounding numbers at Milwaukee were very low percentage-wise during his three years there.

Woods went 5/8.

Thanks. How many 2PT attempts did he have?

Back