• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Press Conference: 6 PM on Tuesday, 6:30 "Mann The Quad"

WOW...Great presser and great hire. Like Clawson, he has some serious enthusiasm for being at Wake having grown up watching a lot of Wake ball and understands the tradition. He is soft spoken but you can tell he gets intense and focused pretty quickly.....like Duncan. Stand up dude. We might lose him to Kansas once day but it's going to be a fun ride.

WOW...Great presser and great hire. Like Clawson, he has some serious enthusiasm for being at Wake having grown up watching a lot of Wake ball and understands the tradition. He is soft spoken but you can tell he gets intense and focused pretty quickly.....like Duncan. Stand up dude. We might lose him to Kansas once day but it's going to be a fun ride.

If he's good enough to impress Kansas, then that would be awesome.

but keep in my mind..he's only three years younger than Self

I'm pretty sure that the next KU coach is probably still in college or just starting his career out as an asst. somewhere.

I'm ready for your five minute obsession about our players sucking to be over so your manic brain can move on to the next thing to obsess about.

I bet you did

They should be

They stink

I'm ready for your five minute obsession about our players sucking to be over so your manic brain can move on to the next thing to obsess about.

Why you elect to be miserable I do not know. We've got a good coach that will be able to recruit, and [name redacted] is gone. Ding dong, the witch is dead. Go Deacs!

Look at the time. Methinks moonzie was drunk posting.

My guess is he was drinking a Domaine Ramonet Montrachet Grand Cru from Cote de Beaune, France.

I mean, our players do kind of stink. Hopefully they get better under Manning.

Getting the tie dye

2ilmyd2.jpg

NOOOOOOO!!!!!! PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Impressive news conference as far as expectations. I had watched the Tulsa interview and maybe the room was like 100 degrees, but he was more hesitant and sweating like a pig. Also didn't really smile and spoke for I think 15 seconds before opening it up to questions, so this was great.

I think Wellman anticipated a shakier effort thus set the Quad celebration so close to the press conference to control it as much as he could. Ended up he didn't need to that.

I give Manning an A for the presser, but that is somewhat because I thought he'd deliver a C. Probably a B+ minus that. I did like a lot of the specifics he said seemingly off the cuff. Most interesting bit to me is he started as a towel boy at Kansas after a 15 year NBA career. This is a man with no ego, a rarity in sports. Second, was the bit about being a 1st overall pick, an all-star, a 6th man, a DNP guy, traded three times, injuries - he understands probably every player's role on the team personally more than most. I thought that was great and true. Good stuff. Go Coach.

My ringing endorsement is a deathnel, so I'll refrain from that. I have never seen Tulsa play so I am hopeful. I actually am still a Wellman guy and I think he nailed the football hire so hopeful he has with hoops. I will be interested in where we are in 10 years and where Smart is. I am not much of a Dan Collins fan as a writer or thinker - he's okay - but I thought it was revealing when he said there was one or two coaches in the search whom he's heard are horrible to deal with in his role. I am sure one of them is Smart. So it will be interesting to me whether we are tapping away here 4 or 6 or 8 years from now talking about how humble hall of famer, Danny Manning is a perfect fit for Wake or not ...

I really enjoyed the press conference and really liked a lot of what Danny had to say, but I do have to ask, what was with the room that they used for the announcement? It looked like a 3rd grade classroom. Could you imagine any of the other ACC schools introducing their new head coach in a room that looked that half-assed? Come on Wake, time to step up and play with the big boys.

I really enjoyed the press conference and really liked a lot of what Danny had to say, but I do have to ask, what was with the room that they used for the announcement? It looked like a 3rd grade classroom. Could you imagine any of the other ACC schools introducing their new head coach in a room that looked that half-assed? Come on Wake, time to step up and play with the big boys.

Well I assume they just introduced him in their so they could get to the quad immediately after. I'm pretty sure Buzz was introduced in Deacon Tower.

Impressive news conference as far as expectations. I had watched the Tulsa interview and maybe the room was like 100 degrees, but he was more hesitant and sweating like a pig. Also didn't really smile and spoke for I think 15 seconds before opening it up to questions, so this was great.

I think Wellman anticipated a shakier effort thus set the Quad celebration so close to the press conference to control it as much as he could. Ended up he didn't need to that.

I give Manning an A for the presser, but that is somewhat because I thought he'd deliver a C. Probably a B+ minus that. I did like a lot of the specifics he said seemingly off the cuff. Most interesting bit to me is he started as a towel boy at Kansas after a 15 year NBA career. This is a man with no ego, a rarity in sports. Second, was the bit about being a 1st overall pick, an all-star, a 6th man, a DNP guy, traded three times, injuries - he understands probably every player's role on the team personally more than most. I thought that was great and true. Good stuff. Go Coach.

My ringing endorsement is a deathnel, so I'll refrain from that. I have never seen Tulsa play so I am hopeful. I actually am still a Wellman guy and I think he nailed the football hire so hopeful he has with hoops. I will be interested in where we are in 10 years and where Smart is. I am not much of a Dan Collins fan as a writer or thinker - he's okay - but I thought it was revealing when he said there was one or two coaches in the search whom he's heard are horrible to deal with in his role. I am sure one of them is Smart. So it will be interesting to me whether we are tapping away here 4 or 6 or 8 years from now talking about how humble hall of famer, Danny Manning is a perfect fit for Wake or not ...

Even I know that's not right.

I'm assuming this has been discussed, but the family-friendly Quad stuff was clearly in reaction to the Quad rolling a few weeks ago. Ham handed execution, but that's why.

Back