• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Press Conference: 6 PM on Tuesday, 6:30 "Mann The Quad"

I have to admit that I wasn't all that happy with the Manning hire when I first heard about it. Nothing like the utter dismay of hearing about the hiring of redacto-boy four years ago, but not excited, either. The difference for me is that the more I see and hear from Coach Manning the more I like him. Obviously, that is a big change from redacto-boy, where familiarity bred contempt.

I don't see how it could be any more obvious that disco Dan was talking about howland and Marshall.

Bone is wrong.

Smart has a great working relationship with the beat writers and is generally regarded to be pretty good with the media - if not great.

Marshall and Howland are clearly the two options unless Dan heard of other names that we didn't.

I don't make shit up, I guess. Come on. There's a difference.

If you notice though, I never use absolutes like some of you. I say, in my opinion, or I bet, or I think. In this case and in many cases I am wrong. Since Smart was the most likely hire, I made a bad assumption that Smart was one of the the coaches (plural) Dan was talking about. I think he mentioned Smart in the sentence right above the one he said that so again, I made the wrong assumption.

Smart comes off as somewhat cocky to me, for good reason. Maybe I am totally wrong on that. Maybe Manning is a self-absorbed asshole behind close doors, but he comes off as pretty humble.

So as long as you clarify before hand that "I bet" you are free to make shit up.

So I bet jaybone has no idea what he is ever talking about, I also bet jaybone knows less about basketball than he actually thinks he knows, I also bet he knows that ultimate is not a real sport and I bet he knows that trying to equate his great triumph over knee injuries to return to a hobby on par with bowling is not inspirational.

Countdown until jaybone posts a "you're projecting" retort ...

So as long as you clarify before hand that "I bet" you are free to make shit up.

So I bet jaybone has no idea what he is ever talking about, I also bet jaybone knows less about basketball than he actually thinks he knows, I also bet he knows that ultimate is not a real sport and I bet he knows that trying to equate his great triumph over knee injuries to return to a hobby on par with bowling is not inspirational.

I bet you don't know much about Ultimate. The closest comparative sport is probably soccer. Bowling isn't a sport. It's something men with strong beat-off wrists due to pass the time while underemployed to take a break from beating off.

Chill guys, Jaybone knows an NBA scout. And everyone knows how knowledgeable NBA scouts are. See Ex A: Jeff [Redacted].

he's supposed to be a very good NBA scout. He sleeps and works out of a hotel well I guess.

Perhaps not thread worthy on its own, but Disco has a new blog up: http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_240096c4-bffe-11e3-a7c4-001a4bcf6878.html

Shot at [name redacted]? Danny Manning, to his credit and my immense relief, doesn't act like he invented the game of basketball.

Very strange that Dan started the column like that, mentioned the great history of Kansas coaches, then neglected to point out that James A. Naismith founded the Kansas basketball program and was the first head coach. Manning is part of the Naismith tree by virtue of playing under Brown.

Last edited:
Shaka is King of Richmond...a beloved guy. I agree he's not one if the difficult prospects DC mentioned.

Back