• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Press Conference: 6 PM on Tuesday, 6:30 "Mann The Quad"

somehow yes. He's warming the bench this year for a team in Minsk, Belarus in the VTB United League (this is basically the Eastern European League.)

having attended two elite American universities, you'd think he could land a pretty decent job, esp. with Div. I sports experience on his resume. Given that he's instead warming the bench for a Eastern European team tells you that either a) he really, really loves the game or b) he has an inflated sense of self-worth when it comes to basketball.

Sheesh. Talked to a guy today. I said part of why we settled for manning was that nobody wants to work for Wellman. He laughed and said that everybody would absolutely love to work for him. Also thinks manning > miller. Believes that we went straight to manning after shaka. Thinks that he was #2.

Man I love people who eat what the AD spoon feeds. Makes me sick.

nikita is responsible for the funniest interaction i've had with a wake athlete, so there's that

where could i find the best summary of how our coaching search went down? did any of the insiders offer a summary buried somewhere in all the noise?

Elaborate por favor

he was with some other hoops player at a football game and i was walking with them towards the stadium and i said something like "good luck, hopefully we'll have a better season than last year" and he goes "you talking shit? YOU TALKING SHIT?" and it was great

he was with some other hoops player at a football game and i was walking with them towards the stadium and i said something like "good luck, hopefully we'll have a better season than last year" and he goes "you talking shit? YOU TALKING SHIT?" and it was great

hahahaha what a god damn goon.

Sheesh. Talked to a guy today. I said part of why we settled for manning was that nobody wants to work for Wellman. He laughed and said that everybody would absolutely love to work for him. Also thinks manning > miller. Believes that we went straight to manning after shaka. Thinks that he was #2.

I hate Wellmans guts but it would seem people wouldn't dislike working for him. The previous coach was able to suck miserably for 4 straight years without any heat on him. Seems like an easy ass situation.

I do think Manning can be as good of a coach as Miller and maybe better. Miller was fantastic this post season but a lot of NCAA tournament success is based on matchups. They matched up well with Syracuse and Syracuse played absolutely dreadful down the stretch (I also think they missed every 3 they took in that game).

Nikita wasn't good but was more valuable than Anthony Fields and Tony Chennault. He certainly had hall of fame bad moments that make him more memorable I guess though.

Nikita wasn't good but was more valuable than Anthony Fields and Tony Chennault. He certainly had hall of fame bad moments that make him more memorable I guess though.

He was like a human blooper on the floor. I literally found myself laughing a lot at his moments.

Regardless though this program has seen some of the worst talent influx in a long time over the past 4 years.

I don't think any of this is insane. The "Wellman is an idiot" theme is a sports board contrivance. Keep in mind that Dayton was the last team in from the A10. 6th place.

I don't think any of this is insane. The "Wellman is an idiot" theme is a sports board contrivance. Keep in mind that Dayton was the last team in from the A10. 6th place.

He is an idiot in the sense that he made the worst hire in major college basketball history. That is without question.

Back