• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Press Conference: 6 PM on Tuesday, 6:30 "Mann The Quad"

One of my favorite running stories on the boards the last fee months has been Jaybone proving how little he knows about hoops. I'm having a hard time thinking of anything he has been right about lately.

In what world is Bone saying "I am sure that Shaka is one of the guys Dan was talking about" not stating an absolute? Seems pretty absolute to me that you're sure of it right?

Some pics from yesterday's Quad petting zoo slash birthday party thing:

Bku_VB-CYAAW8c-.jpg:large

Those look like Pit high-table chairs. [Captain] Manning is a tall-ass dude. [/Obvious]

Wait, numbers is calling out others for speaking in absolutes?

The scene on the quad when Danny Manning arrived:

Bku_VB-CYAAW8c-.jpg:large

And when Buzz arrived:

images

No if it's something put out under the WSJ name it should have the same editing applied.

It probably does. Not sure what the deal is with the Journal anymore under BH ownership, but a few years ago the paper's previous owner, Media General, fired all the copy editors in Winston-Salem and consolidated those operations for all its newspapers out of state.

It probably does. Not sure what the deal is with the Journal anymore under BH ownership, but a few years ago the paper's previous owner, Media General, fired all the copy editors in Winston-Salem and consolidated those operations for all its newspapers out of state.

Right I agree the copy editing is bad, but I was just saying there's no reason why just because Dan has a a blog is he allowed to just throw up unedited content.

A blog is a blog. It is an unedited piece of work, and I think it is great to have him put stuff out there with his guard down, so to speak, sometimes admittedly late at night after the official story has been written. It is better for us, for sure to see the additional insights without the bureaucratic editing. Don't get caught up in the perfect editing crap. I'm good with a text of his thoughts, complete with "fwiw's" etc etc. Real time/guard down is better to get more insight.

Last edited:
I'll guarantee you someone looks at it. Most newspapers have "blogs" these days that are dedicated to more opinion pieces, short pity pieces that don't get dedicated space in other sections, etc. The WSJ is not going to put their name on something if an editor hasn't looked at it.

What is up with the front row of reserved chairs with no one sitting in them? You'd think if they were reserved for VIP's, the VIP's would have the decency to show up. What is for the players?

Stan's got to be the happiest play by play guy in the world with the prospects of both revenue sports looking up!

Back