• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Press Conference

WFU1990

Reaction score
Tuesday at 11:00 ambush what I've heard.

"Is what" instead of ambush is what I mean. Damn autocorrect!

Posted at a few places. One is greensborosports.com

Agreed. Only way there would be a presser would be to announce a new hire, not to dismiss a coach that everyone knows is being let go.

didn't we have a presser for dino? maybe we learned from that mistake?

There was a press conference for Grobe's resignation, yes?

Copied and pasted story: Has the Prius been packed for moving yet???

Greensboro Sports

Your Source For Sports News In Greensboro

Monday - March 17, 2014, 12:52 pm

Home
GreensboroSports Radio
Newer Videos
Photographs
Advertise With Us
Contact Info

Press Conference set for Tuesday in Winston-Salem

Posted by Andy Durham on March 17, 2014 at 11:18 am under College | Be the First to Comment

There has been a Wake Forest University Press Conference scheduled for tomorrow at Bridger Field House to discuss the future of the Demon Deacons’ basketball program. 11am is the start time that we have been told.

There has been some speculation that current Wake Forest coach Jeff [Redacted] will offer up his resignation at this time….

WFU Atheltic Director Ron Wellman has been very busy directing the NCAA Basketball Tournament process, as he is the current NCAA Basketball chairman of the tourmanet selection committee, but all of this has not overwhelmed Wellman and he should be ready to establish and determine the future of the basketball program on Tuesday….

Last edited:
Not similar to that situation at all. Or Dino's.

Don't underestimate Wellman's need to try to spin the [Redacted] era in a positive light. If we do get a press conference expect the "Jeff [Redacted] was brought here to lay a foundation and build for the future of our program and he did everything that was asked of him." Believe me, if we do get a presser it will make us want to vomit hearing Wellman lay praise on Bzzzz.

Edited to add: I'll glad take the feeling of needing to vomit over the feeling it would cause if Ron gets up there tomorrow and says Bzzz is being retained.

Not similar to that situation at all. Or Dino's.

Why not? If you believe that [Redacted] is going to be allowed to resign and RW's going to speak of the tremendous culture cleanup Bz has performed (as I do), how is it significantly different that Grobe's "I'm tired but proud" presser?

There has been some speculation that current Wake Forest coach Jeff [Redacted] will offer up his resignation at this time….

WFU Atheltic Director Ron Wellman has been very busy directing the NCAA Basketball Tournament process, as he is the current NCAA Basketball chairman of the tourmanet selection committee, but all of this has not overwhelmed Wellman and he should be ready to establish and determine the future of the basketball program on Tuesday….

Yeah, I'm sure he'll have us back on track on Tuesday.

Back