• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Press Conference

If this is true...VT will be after some of the same candidates that have been discussed on this board the past several weeks.

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 6m
No. RT @CUfanRJE: could va tech get shaka smart? #havoc

I'd really like more concrete evidence of a press conference for tomorrow. That site does not seem legit. And I don't understand why this requires a presser.

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 6m
No. RT @CUfanRJE: could va tech get shaka smart? #havoc

I would think Va. Tech would be a terrible fit for Shaka. The hoops program will always be a big time 2nd fiddle to football.

I'd start contributing to VA tech's athletic fund if they hired [Redacted] today.

I would think Va. Tech would be a terrible fit for Shaka. The hoops program will always be a big time 2nd fiddle to football.

Even before Shaka, VCU was well on its way to becoming a better basketball school than VT. Now if you could combine VT football and VCU hoops, you'd have quite the pick-up for the ACC.

Seems like the perfect time to fire Bzzz. Give a quick statement that Bzzz helped lay a foundation, thank him for his service, tell the reporters he is resigning to allow another coach to take the reigns while he explores new opportunities. Wellman can then say he has to catch a flight to the evening games and take no questions. He can then fly from location to location and basically avoid the media all week. Seems about right.

Any flights from Santa Barbara scheduled? That can only mean one thing, welcome Coach Howland!

the first round games wont be the only thing wake fans will be watching on thursday.....

Don't underestimate Wellman's need to try to spin the [Redacted] era in a positive light. If we do get a press conference expect the "Jeff [Redacted] was brought here to lay a foundation and build for the future of our program and he did everything that was asked of him." Believe me, if we do get a presser it will make us want to vomit hearing Wellman lay praise on Bzzzz.

Edited to add: I'll glad take the feeling of needing to vomit over the feeling it would cause if Ron gets up there tomorrow and says Bzzz is being retained.

I don't care what he says. It's what he does that I care about.

Back