• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICAL 2015/16 Premier League - Leicester CHAMPS. Best Sports Story Ever

Yeah the tenor of the Klopp stories right now make it seem like it's nearly done. Very impressive if the club can get it over the line and done. He's certainly an upgrade over that bzdelikian fraud they just shit-canned. It would also go some ways to explaining why didn't sack Rodgers in May, if they thought they could wait it out and get Klopp a few months later.

just have to hope the transfer committee hold up keeps him away from the job.

"But the German has told the Premier League club he will only take the job if he is given the final say on transfers. (Mail) "

pF0w9Xj.png

Does anyone have any thoughts on Klopp's preferred style of play and the extent to which Liverpool's current roster can play that style?

Does anyone have any thoughts on Klopp's preferred style of play and the extent to which Liverpool's current roster can play that style?

GEGENPRESSING!

Liverpool, if they get Klopp, will be title contenders next season after he has had the rest of this season and, more importantly, a preseason on which to train the players on how to press as a cohesive unit and counter once the ball is won back.

Last edited:
[h=1]Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has been in charge for more days than every other current Premier League boss COMBINED[/h]
  • Arsene Wenger has been in charge of Arsenal for 6,924 days
  • Wenger’s total is greater than the number of days combined of every other current Premier League manager
  • Brendan Rodgers' Liverpool exit helped put Wenger into the lead
  • Mark Hughes is second with 857 days in charge of Stoke City

Very direct, tons of pressure. His best Dortmund teams were young, played at a ferocious tempo and were extremely aggressive. That being said - those Dortmund teams were also absolutely fucking loaded. It's much easier to play ruthless attacking football when your front line has Lewandowski up top with Marco Reus and Mario Götze playing off of him and Ilkay Gundogan shielding a stonewall pairing of Mats Hummels and Nevan Subotic behind them. The spine of that team was ridiculously strong.

I don't know if Liverpool has the defensive spine yet for the attack to work the way Klopp will want to play. Liverpool have leaked goals like crazy, and Dortmund got away with a lot of things because they had a world class DM in front of a terrific pair of CB's. When Gundogan (who is a horribly underrated player - not only for his defensive work, but his ability to start quick counters with his long passing is superb) suffered a serious injury and effectively missed a season, Hummels and Subotic looked more mortal and Dortmund started shipping goals as well.

BTW - I love Klopp, and that Dortmund team of the start of this decade is one of my 2 favorite teams of the recent past (the other being the young, loaded Shakhtar Donetsk team). I learned a lot of German by watching Bundesliga broadcasts (I enjoy football, I needed to practice ... made sense) and that Dortmund team was just the highlight of every set of weekend matches. So goddamn much fun. I don't know if Klopp can bring that to Liverpool, such a huge portion of it was the ridiculous bubble of talented youngsters that Dortmund had all at once, but if it's even 75% of that the Liverpool fans are going to be thrilled.

Here's a good video ... notice nearly every attack starts as soon as someone wins a ball, and then there's 5 yellow shirts sprinting their asses off going directly for goal. Not much side to side, you get the ball - it goes directly forward. That was Klopp's teams in a nutshell.

And on that video - watch how many times #21 gets the ball and starts a blistering attack with a 20 yard pin point pass (or longer). The ball is never at his feet for more than a split second. He's just such a fucking good footballer.

Very direct, tons of pressure. His best Dortmund teams were young, played at a ferocious tempo and were extremely aggressive. That being said - those Dortmund teams were also absolutely fucking loaded. It's much easier to play ruthless attacking football when your front line has Lewandowski up top with Marco Reus and Mario Götze playing off of him and Ilkay Gundogan shielding a stonewall pairing of Mats Hummels and Nevan Subotic behind them. The spine of that team was ridiculously strong.

I don't know if Liverpool has the defensive spine yet for the attack to work the way Klopp will want to play. Liverpool have leaked goals like crazy, and Dortmund got away with a lot of things because they had a world class DM in front of a terrific pair of CB's. When Gundogan (who is a horribly underrated player - not only for his defensive work, but his ability to start quick counters with his long passing is superb) suffered a serious injury and effectively missed a season, Hummels and Subotic looked more mortal and Dortmund started shipping goals as well.

So you're saying Sakho, Skrtel and Lucas < Hummels, Subotic, Gundogan???

All kidding aside, I agree that Liverpool don't have the quality at the back to play like Dortmund. If this does play out, it will be interesting to see how Klopp transforms Brendan's mess.

I have to think with Klopp we'd see Clyne and Moreno more in the back, I guess. Neither has particularly stood out as excellent defenders, but they seem to have the pace to do what is asked in this system. If Sahko can play with the crazy eyes more often, maybe they'd be more formidable?

So first Liverpool's gets Klopp, then Hummels and Reus to follow? Seems reasonable to me.

So you're saying Sakho, Skrtel and Lucas < Hummels, Subotic, Gundogan???

All kidding aside, I agree that Liverpool don't have the quality at the back to play like Dortmund. If this does play out, it will be interesting to see how Klopp transforms Brendan's mess.

Also makes you wonder who might want to come to England to play for Klopp.

Back