• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICAL 2015/16 Premier League - Leicester CHAMPS. Best Sports Story Ever

10 points off 5th with 12 to play.
giphy.gif

4th scares me, though, with MU and Chelsea still in competitions. If Spurs finish 4th and miss out on CL again, I'll have to punch a child in the face. I don't see any other possibility.

Dont have to worry about that anymore. Spain had 5 this year since Sevilla won Europa

Two great games today from the top of the table. Going to be a fun end to the season.

Good video of Coutinho's involvement yesterday. The no look pass to Milner and the outside of the boot pass to Moreno are ridiculous. Also, both assists. Perfect.

Yes Villa is awful but Liverpool with Sturridge, Coutinho and Firmino as the front 3 is a very good attacking side. Hope to see lots more of it.

Yes Villa is awful but Liverpool with Sturridge, Coutinho and Firmino as the front 3 is a very good attacking side. Hope to see lots more of it.

Maybe if they keep playing hard you can watch them in Europa next year.

Maybe if they keep playing hard you can watch them in Europa next year.

I think most Liverpool fans would settle for them playing anywhere if it means Sturridge is healthy.

I think most Liverpool fans would settle for them playing anywhere if it means Sturridge is healthy.

The sad part is that I couldn't even get excited about how well Sturridge played because I know deep down that we're only going to get about 1 or 2 more games from him, max, before he gets hurt again. I'm really interested to see who Klopp signs this summer and what kind of names we'll get because players want to play for Klopp, even if we can't offer CL football.

The sad part is that I couldn't even get excited about how well Sturridge played because I know deep down that we're only going to get about 1 or 2 more games from him, max, before he gets hurt again. I'm really interested to see who Klopp signs this summer and what kind of names we'll get because players want to play for Klopp, even if we can't offer CL football.

Looks like they've locked up Schalke’s Joel Matip, a 6’4” 24 year old center back who is out of contract at the end of this year.

I think Ings will do pretty well.

I think ings will be solid. He scored 11 goals for a poor burnley team in few chances. With some better players he can be very good

Looks like they've locked up Schalke’s Joel Matip, a 6’4” 24 year old center back who is out of contract at the end of this year.

Talented, but also known as a bit of a headcase/bad boy. Lots of late nightlife, etc.

Much like the Boateng brothers, he's half German and the split nationality has probably been overplayed and hurt his rep inside Germany. Getting out of the Bundesliga might be a healthy thing for him.

Talented, but also known as a bit of a headcase/bad boy. Lots of late nightlife, etc.

Much like the Boateng brothers, he's half German and the split nationality has probably been overplayed and hurt his rep inside Germany. Getting out of the Bundesliga might be a healthy thing for him.

Uh oh, dual national shaming alert

Uh oh, dual national shaming alert

The dual national thing in Germany is a bit of a hot topic, and guys who don't wait around for a call up to the national team can get trashed in the press (aka Bild) a bit for it - especially if they are already seen as a bit less than squeaky clean (see: Kevin Prince-Boateng). Matip was only 18 when he decided to play for Cameroon and "a real German" would have waited longer for his chance with the national team I guess.

Anyways, it might not be bad for him to get away from home. He has played and lived his entire live in the Ruhr Valley and getting out from under the microscope of being the local guy might do him some good. He seems to be extremely talented, always thought he look terrific every time I've seen Schalke play.

Matip is an awesome player. Is him to pool confirmed?

Yeah. I'm happy to hear good reviews, I've read a lot of reactions and the phrase "squad depth" kept coming up which was concerning considering the current crop of center backs at the club.

FWIW - every winter break Kicker Magazine releases their Rangliste (Rankings) for every position in the Bundesliga. The ones they just released have this for "Innenverteidiger" (Center Backs):

"Weltklasse" (World Class)

J. Boateng

"Internationale Klasse" (International Class)

D. Alaba (interesting they list him as a CB now - he plays all across the back and in MF for Bayern these days)
J. Martinez
Naldo
J. Matip

That's a pretty exclusive group of exceptional defenders for Matip to listed in, and shows how highly he's thought of purely as a player in Bundesliga.

Back