• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICAL 2015/16 Premier League - Leicester CHAMPS. Best Sports Story Ever

LC third
leicester-city-16-17-third-kit-2.jpg]

Pre-season starts today for Liverpool, facing off against Tranmere. New thread time? (not it)

Matip, Mane, Karius should all play -- some confusion over Grujic as he has to leave the country and re-enter due to work permit regs, but we could see something like this.

Karius; Flanagan, Matip, Lovren, Moreno; Brannagan, Grujic; Mané, Firmino, Kent; Ings.

I think that's what I'd like to see, but I bet Lucas is in there somewhere, probably for Grujic, and I could see Markovic ahead of Kent. I think Ojo got called up to England U-19s, so I'm not sure he's available, and I doubt we see Canos or Ibe since they are dealing with potential transfers.

Last edited:
Not a surprise, but Balotelli is not in the squad tonight v. Tranmere, which means he gone, one way or the other. And Grujic did have to leave the country, so he is unavailable, as well.

Team to start is Karius; Flanagan, Matip, Lovren, Smith; Lucas, Brannagan; Mané, Ejaria, Kent; Firmino

Three of the best U-18s on the bench, as well: Trent Alexander-Arnold (all-rounder, but used mainly as right back/central midfielder), Herbie Kane (u-17 England international, attacking midfielder), and Ben Woodburn (Welsh attacker who can play anywhere along the front line, was playing up a group with the U-18s last year, will probably get some U-21 time this season at 16).

Full bench: Bogdan, Moreno, Ilori, Ings, Stewart, Wisdom, Markovic, Kane, Randall, Woodburn, Alexander-Arnold, Chirivella.

Last edited:
Yeah, nice driving run from deep, as well. He's a little slight, but he'll grow into that, but that was still a powerful move combined with that subtle little flick at the end. Woodburn looked good too for a kid and already looks like he is more sturdy than last season. Those two will be interesting to watch because after Ojo I think they're the two everyone is most pumped about. I would like to see Kane more, and there's another young Scouse kid in central midfield playing up an age group, Liam Coyle, who I've heard good things about. Might have to watch more academy games this season but lfctv was all fucked up last season with them.

Not sure where else to put this for now but LOL at Brendan Rodgers. First game in charge at Celtic and he loses to Lincoln Red Imps, a semi-pro team from Gibraltar, in Champions League qualifying. Only a matter of time before he's back at some random English club

"A game that we dominated and had enough chances to score, but sometimes it can happen in games like that, one ball up the pitch and they’re in. We’ve given ourselves a bit of work to do. I saw enough from the game, we created enough to go through. Of course you never want to lose the game. You let the local team have their night, we press on, another week’s training and be better for it. There’s no embarrassment. We never took our chances and they took theirs. The second leg will be different.

There’s no panic. We’ve got enough quality here to get through to the next round. It’s a two-legged affair, our objective is to get through. I think the players gave everything that they had. The message (to the fans) is to stay calm. I always felt this qualification phase would be based on the second legs at home and we’ll need their support."

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers

Railhawks/West Ham. A tradition unlike any other. Stay tuned for Andy Carroll pics!

How was the game last night? Pumped to see the Independence tonight vs Swansea even though they will be missing a lot of their best players.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Good fun. Winston Reid scored for both teams in the first 20 minutes. Ended a 2-2 draw. Martin Samuelsen looked awesome.

Back