• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League

Lloris looked comical on those two goals....like it was some shitty BBC comedy show. Pathetic

But a point is a point
The first I can't get on him too much for - he's saved Spurs many goals by making that exact same play and it was mostly bad luck the ball glanced off Sane's hand after he got to it first.

The second was just abysmal. A complete and utter gaffe you don't even expect to see in U-14s.

Leading up to those two goals Spurs were getting pounded pretty hard on the defensive end. And the first goal was a clean breakaway on a long ball that happened to be perfectly placed outside the box. On the second one, calamity happens when the other team is invited to camp out in the penalty area.

Hard to say Man City didn't deserve a lead of at least one goal at that point. Still a sorry result for City choking on a two goal lead.

Then lots of other stuff deserves a red too and games will finish 9v8.

How do you solve going a man down due to a Xhaka red card ? Put Coquelin in for Iwobi and watch him hack people.

How do you solve going a man down due to a Xhaka red card ? Put Coquelin in for Iwobi and watch him hack people.

Burnley brings on the secret weapon - Joey Barton !

why teams dont set up guys on each post on the corners i will never know

I tend to think the rules of the game should be followed and players will adapt. That tackle was a horrible lunging two footer. He was fortunate not to make more solid contact and end a career.

Brutal ending for Burnley though they didn't really deserve anything from that match.

Maybe FIFA is right and we should just do away with offside rule. None of the officials can follow it anymore anyway.

Not much of a concussion protocol followed for Cahill. He looked pretty dazed when he got up.

Leading up to those two goals Spurs were getting pounded pretty hard on the defensive end. And the first goal was a clean breakaway on a long ball that happened to be perfectly placed outside the box. On the second one, calamity happens when the other team is invited to camp out in the penalty area.

Hard to say Man City didn't deserve a lead of at least one goal at that point. Still a sorry result for City choking on a two goal lead.
Yep, Spurs were very poor in possession in particular, just giving it back to City over and over. Eriksen and Dembele in particular were flat out bad.

Spurs didn't deserve a point, but good teams find ways to get points when outplayed. Was encouraging on that front.

Brutal ending for Burnley though they didn't really deserve anything from that match.

As probably the lone Burnley fan here, I thought they deserved a point. At halftime, Burnley had more shots on target than arsenal did.
Xhaka send off (upon replay) was harsh. in real time, it looked bad.
Andre Gray got away with a foul in the burnley box.
The foul on Barnes was correct.
Koscielny, while fouled, probably was offside.

I'm still smarting from the Koscielny "goal" at Turfmoor, where it could be have been called a handball.

Trying to think of the reaction if Mourinho pushed the 4th official and then United got a 97th minute offside penalty winner

Back