• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League

Reading the posts of vad and other Spurs fans, I will be shocked if Spurs don't win all the trophies for the next millennium with the new stadium and all of their young talent.

Don't forget about the support provided my the legions of fans paying to see the show live.

Cameron Carter-Vickers is going to get 100+ caps for the United States. He's a fucking monster, and somehow still such a classy player. These League One grown ass men keep trying to bully him and he's just holding them off and then playing around them like they are nothing.

He's going to be the best defender in the history of the USA, and it probably won't even be close.
He's not been capped at the senior level though, right? Fuck off Ingerland

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rose just signed a new contract through 2021. Winks signed a new deal earlier this week. Walker probably announced soon and Lamela/Kane to go.

I love that we're using the TV money not to splash on outside purchases as much as lock down a young, cohesive, CL-quality core that can grow together and, more than that, wants to. The Poch effect.

Kyle Walker just signed his new deal, so yeah - good call.

Reading the posts of vad and other Spurs fans, I will be shocked if Spurs don't win all the trophies for the next millennium with the new stadium and all of their young talent.

I think most Spurs fans are just excited because there appears to be a solid plan in place to have a good young squad on the field when the stadium opens which should be of enough quality to compete for trophies / Champions League. I'll be happy to win "a" trophy, let alone all of them.

Oh you mean upping their value for when they are sold in order to pay for the stadium? Yeah, that is smart.

And yes, definitely Spurs are going to end selling some of these guys - it's the business model of the club. Recently it's been more the fringe players being sold than starters, which is encouraging to see ... but Spurs try to close the revenue gap with the top of the league largely via player sales. It's also why the league cup matches will always be full of youngsters, you have to put them in the shop window.

It might take him a bit, but I think it makes sense to throw him in there now that he's fit. Mignolet's been ok this season so far -- he's been good Mignolet, which is just fine for a Premier League 'keeper but doesn't inspire confidence to take it to the next level -- but I'm looking forward to Karius and his hair and tats and good looks. Oh, and goal keeping and ball playing. He's a much better athlete and seems to be more proactive with distribution both with feet and throws, and with his positioning.

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League - SO IT BEGINS

I saw some still shots of his positioning while the ball was in the Derby third and the dude comes up to almost midfield. He is going to get Xabi Alonso'd at least once or twice.

I'm cool with taking that chance, that shit is hard to do, which is why we remember Alonso's goals. I'm sure Karius will make mistakes, no one's perfect, but as long as he stays confident and inspires confidence, I can live with those. Mignolet just clammed up, retreated into his shell, stayed on his line, and you can just see the panic that causes with the defense. Mignolet seems like a good dude, just kind of beta. I don't know what kind of character Karius is, but he seems aggressive, which I think is what the team needs and what Klopp wants.

I also don't think he'll be quite that high against Hull, but who knows. It will be a big game -- at home against a team that they should stomp, but will most likely sit back. Klopp has shown he knows how to prepare for the big games, now he needs to roll over the smaller teams.

Man United XI: Big Dave; Tony V, Bailly, Smalling, Blind; Herrera, Pogba; Lingard, Mata, Rashford; Zlatan
subs: Romero, Fosu-Mensah, Rojo, Carrick, Fellaini, Young, Rooney

Leicester XI: Zieler; Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs; Mahrez, Amarty, Drinkwater, Albrighton; Vardy, Slimani
subs: Hernández, King, Hamer, Schlupp, Okazaki, Gray, Ulloa

Mourinho finally grows the stones to drop a completely out of form Rooney from the side. I think I would have preferred Carrick in the side instead of Lingard and go 4-1-2-2-1, but baby steps.

No Rooney :willynilly:

Zlatan Facts ‏@ZIatanFacts 2m2 minutes ago
Zlatan demoted Rooney to Ball Boy. #ZlatanFacts

CtHXNWoXgAABqNI.jpg

Sadly, I'm starting to get a bit of a Veron feeling about Pogba...

Hope that's wrong

Damn. Rashford's first touch let him down on that counter. Should be 2-0

This is great fucking football from United now! That pass from Pogba to Zlatan deserved a goal.

Leicester's donk ass CB's are back to being their donkey selves. Huth and Morgan have no chance against any competent attack. Just so fucking slow.

Back