• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League

6 straight wins for Arsenal, top of the table. They have been very good so far this season, just seems they are a bit steelier this year than in the past.

6 straight wins for Arsenal, top of the table. They have been very good so far this season, just seems they are a bit steelier this year than in the past.

Not quite top, but I do like the way we're playing. The defense was a bit shaky today - Monreal had a shit game, and it seemed we still have that little tendency to switch-off sometimes after getting ahead. Frustrating.

As for the red card on Xhaka - total shit. A yellow for sure with a very short leash after, but that's not straight red.

I'm still pissed about the opening day loss to Liverpool but like the form right now. Throw in that draw at PSG and things are looking good.

That might be one of the worst single minutes of refereeing in premier league history

Instead of giving a penalty (which was soft but there was contact) he gives a yellow for simulation. Then immediately gives a fucking horseshit second yellow to the same player. Fuck that shit

the yellow for simulation should have been a penalty. then the assistant tells him to give cresswell the next yellow. just terrible

That might be one of the worst single minutes of refereeing in premier league history

I still think the worst was Mike Jones not knowing the rules on the beach ball goal. It wasn't even something he had to call in real time. Take a minute to gather yourself, remember the fucking rule and disallow the goal. Ugh.

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League - SO IT BEGINS

I still think the worst was Mike Jones not knowing the rules on the beach ball goal. It wasn't even something he had to call in real time. Take a minute to gather yourself, remember the fucking rule and disallow the goal. Ugh.

Ok, fine, not worst *ever*. But certainly in the upper fucking echelons of shitty refereeing.

Instead of giving a penalty (which was soft but there was contact) he gives a yellow for simulation. Then immediately gives a fucking horseshit second yellow to the same player. Fuck that shit

Absurdly bad call on the second card. As a consolation to you, Palace couldn't capitalize on any opportunities today. Benteke missing the net on the penalty was painful.

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League - SO IT BEGINS

Absurdly bad call on the second card. As a consolation to you, Palace couldn't capitalize on any opportunities today. Benteke missing the net on the penalty was painful.

It was karma working its sweet, sweet magic. Fortune's always hiding.

Watching MOTD

Xhaka's challenge was fucking stupid. I'd probably have given a yellow, but I totally get a straight red. From pretty much behind with no intent of playing the ball. This has always been Xhaka's problem. He can't keep a cool head.

Just no reason to slide in and challenge there. So stupid. Now suspended for 3 matches.

Watching MOTD

Xhaka's challenge was fucking stupid. I'd probably have given a yellow, but I totally get a straight red. From pretty much behind with no intent of playing the ball. This has always been Xhaka's problem. He can't keep a cool head.

Just no reason to slide in and challenge there. So stupid. Now suspended for 3 matches.

Yeah, I didn't think it was that harsh - he came from behind, no intent to get the ball. That's a very dangerous play.

Watford are getting Trumped by the ref right now.

Watching MOTD

I agree. I also did not see what preceded it - had Xhaka been involved in an incident earlier (I'm aware that it was a straight red).

I agree. I also did not see what preceded it - had Xhaka been involved in an incident earlier (I'm aware that it was a straight red).

It was no different than someone getting beat and clipping an ankle on a break away which happens every game. It's a yellow, for sure, straight red...no way. Professional foul, yellow, move on.

It was no different than someone getting beat and clipping an ankle on a break away which happens every game. It's a yellow, for sure, straight red...no way. Professional foul, yellow, move on.

Meh, not really. What he did could actually injure a player, though I understand it wasn't overly egregious.

Good news from Poch this morning: Toby's injury isn't nearly as bad as feared. Looks like severe bruising instead of ligament damage and an absence of a couple weeks.

Also, Kane to make it back to the training pitch soon.

Good news from Poch this morning: Toby's injury isn't nearly as bad as feared. Looks like severe bruising instead of ligament damage and an absence of a couple weeks.

Also, Kane to make it back to the training pitch soon.

The Alderweireld news is huge. Going to miss him badly against Leverkusen though :(

Back