• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League

But it would have helped massively on Cresswell's bullshit simulation card. We would have had a penalty and he wouldn't have been sent off.

Not much to say about the second yellow. Assistant referee was literally a body's length away and completely fucked that one up.

Liverpool XI: Karius, Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Henderson, Can, Coutinho, Firmino, Mane, Sturridge
subs: Mignolet, Moreno, Klavan, Lucas, Glugic, Lallana, Origi

Man United XI: BIG DAVE, Valencia, Smalling, Bailly, Blind; Pogba, Fellaini, Herrera; Rashford, Young, Ibrahimovic
subs: Romero, Rojo, Shaw, Carrick, Mata, Lingard, Rooney

LBH the whole replay plague is nothing more than a ploy by a bunch of NERDS to get it in on the action. Replay and analytics need to go if we're ever going to make this country great again. Amirite Pres. Trump?

Mike florio has a segment on the nbcsports website saying NFL needs to use instant replay to review pass interference penalties. He also seems to say the viewership may be down because these penalties cannot be reviewed and fans think the errors cannot be fixed and get turned off by this. I would argue just the opposite. Replay is terrible and should be used less not more to keep things moving.

I just think the product has gotten shittier and shittier every year in recent memory.

It was already a deeply flawed sport, but between the commissioner being a crook (and a bumbling idiot) with only the owners' best interests at heart, the perceived lack of parity, the concussions, the commercialization, bad officiating, cracking down on dumb things like celebrations, etc...

Anyway, this is the thread for proper football. Glad to see my boy Can back out there. Hope both teams somehow find a way to lose.

Mourinho is doing what he does. Pulis is at home smiling and clapping along, I'm sure.

This is fucking dreadful as a neutral.

Brutal to watch. Can't tell if the Coutinho shot was on target but either way a hell of a save by DDG.

Good result for Spurs, but my God that was awful football. Mourinho has a special talent for just ruining matches he strategically has no intention of even participating.

Here is Liverpool's PL schedule leading up the NYE match against City at Anfield:

West Brom (H)
Palace (A)
Watford (H)
Soton (A)
Sunderland (H)
Bournemouth (A)
West Ham (H)
Middlesboro (A)
Everton (A)
Stoke (H)

Could get 25 points from that if healthy.

How damn good was Ander Herrera yesterday?!

Passes [40/53]
Take-ons [5/5]
Tackles [7]
Aerial duels [4/4]
Ball recoveries [10]
Interceptions [11]
Blocks [1]

Just a near perfect game as a 6.

Last edited:
not really, but that's why I said "near" perfect

A couple of those missed passes were on long diagonal switches, and I know one was from opening kickoff trying to play in Young down on the left-hand sideline.

Defensively though, he was simply outstanding.

As was the rest of the team in the shutout. the offense on the other hand...

not really, but that's why I said "near" perfect

A couple of those missed passes were on long diagonal switches, and I know one was from opening kickoff trying to play in Young down on the left-hand sideline.

Defensively though, he was simply outstanding.

i was just generally curious

11 interceptions is quite good

11 interceptions, only 53 passes. That's the perfect Mourinho midfield performance.

He really is just Tony Pulis with a fancier accent and better PR.

Back