• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League

I actually thought Rashford had a good game from the eye test, don't know what his stats looked like. He was tracking all over, kept the ball when physically challenged, and was making good runs that were going unnoticed or not willing to chance and give away possession. I thought it was curious to take him off for Wassa.

Even more curious though was not seeing Mata at all, who has been killing Pool from my recent memory.

Also, save of the season has already been decided.

Photo: Analysis of De Gea's save vs Coutinho [sun]

CvDqLU3XgAAzQYj.jpg

It was a tremendous save. I actually thought the one he made on Can's shot was just as good. He didn't have a clear view of Can shooting and he had to get down very quickly to stop it. He definitely earned United that point.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If it is broken, and I think there are good examples of it being broken, fix it.

If that just means hiring better officials, fine.

A good official can only call what he sees. They can't be everywhere at once. The NFL has SEVEN officials on the field at one time. True, seven officials would be overkill but maybe add an extra official?

Soccer is a free flowing sport and any stoppage to review video would take away from how the game is played.
And yes, where do you draw the line? a Video review of any questionable call would bring the game to a boring stand still.

But the technology is there to get a call right. 3 people in a booth to review it from all angles. 90 seconds max. Calls are subjective, but why limit it to one person, in real time when you can see it from multiple angles?

Maybe allow a manager one challenge a game.

It was a tremendous save. I actually thought the one he made on Can's shot was just as good. He didn't have a clear view of Can shooting and he had to get down very quickly to stop it. He definitely earned United that point.

Can kind of took it off-step, too, which could have thrown another keeper off their timing and rhythm. Also pushed that thing far enough so that the rebound wasn't dangerous. Really good save through some legs.

At my coaches' meeting last night my DoC was breaking down PL stats this season through the first 7 matches (so not including this past weekend's games)

A shots are a 1 on 1 with the GK with no defensive pressure
B shots are a shot on the goal with defensive pressure from the side or behind
C shots are a shot on the goal with a defender in between the ball and the goal (so reduced angle to goal)
D shots are a shot on the goal with multiple defenders between the ball and the goal

From outside the area:
A shots are 100% converted into goals
B shots are converted into goals 23% of the time
C shots are converted into goals 9% of the time
D shots are converted into goals 0% of the time

C+D shots make up 70% of all shots taken in the PL to date

Pogba 0/14
De Bruyne 2/19
Coutinho 2/19 (including one free kick)
Eriksen 0 (maybe 1? dont remember)/18

From C+D shots from outside the penalty area on the season.

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

Mata draws a penalty on a foul by Kjaer after a magnificent first touch.

Pogba to take it...

"you should see it in his face if he's going to make it or not"
thanks Lalas.... idiot.

1-0 perfect kick with the side of his foot into the bottom corner. WEEEEEEEEEEEE!

LOL! Another pen. This time Mata played a side volley thruball to Martial and he was clearly taken down in the area. Cener's hands were all over him.

Martial steps up to claim his own penalty...

2-0! Keeper guessed correctly this time (with a nod to Martial's eyes saying where he was going) but it was hit low and hard so he had not chance.

We should get penalties called in our favor more. Makes it easier to score goals.

High press leads to a Fener turnover, Rooney into Lingard, lays it off for Pogba and he curls it home from 20 yards into the top corner.

3-0 just before HT

MAUR

Bournemouth and Jack Wilshere taking on Tottenham tomorrow. Decent story on his form here: http://www.skysports.com/football/n...rnemouth-can-arsenal-man-get-back-to-his-best

It is three years since Jack Wilshere started five Premier League games in a row. He scored Arsenal's equaliser against West Brom that day and followed it up with the volley that put the finishing touch to the goal of the season against Norwich next time out.

It was his first Premier League goal at the Emirates and the first time he had scored in consecutive games in the competition. It should have been the start of something. Instead, Wilshere was injured in the next game against Borussia Dortmund and has not played five in a row since.

On Saturday, that could change against Tottenham. But Arsenal's one-time golden boy is now on loan at Bournemouth, out of the England squad after an underwhelming Euro 2016 and with his reputation having taken blow upon blow following two injury-hit seasons.

The hallmarks of that technical quality are there in some of the numbers. Wilshere is completing 92 per cent of his opposition-half passes for Bournemouth. In the final third, it is 89 per cent - 41 out of 46. That is better than any other player in the Premier League.

Back