• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Question to board Re: Grobe

We all agree Lobo has been a bad OC. My only point is that there's no reason to downplay the relationship between Grobe and Lobo by flippantly referring to them as "buddies." You can continue to argue that Grobe should fire him, but nothing wrong with acknowledging how personally difficult that would be for Grobe to do.

I think everybody acknowledges how personally difficult it would be. But $2.3M is supposed to make these things much easier. Maybe we need to install a hot seat to send a message.

(ok, so the clip isn't really applicable given its context, but can hardly turn down any opportunity to post it)

I wonder if Lobo recognizes that he is making things very difficult for the person he ostensibly owes his whole career to. I get it, Lobo will probably never voluntarily resign, but surely he knows in his honest moments that Grobe is a good man who can't bring himself to do what he needs to do, and that he deserves so much of the blame for where Grobe's career has gone.

It will be interesting to see if a losing streak would bring loader voices to this mess. I'm hoping for a two game winning streak and that what they come up with works for the players sake. What Grobe is saying to the staff is more important than what he says in the press, I hope it's something different too.

I'm still disappointed doofus didn't make good on his "threat" to leave forever

We all agree Lobo has been a bad OC. My only point is that there's no reason to downplay the relationship between Grobe and Lobo by flippantly referring to them as "buddies." You can continue to argue that Grobe should fire him, but nothing wrong with acknowledging how personally difficult that would be for Grobe to do.

Agreed. But I'd like to at least see a demotion.

I think everybody acknowledges how personally difficult it would be. But $2.3M is supposed to make these things much easier. Maybe we need to install a hot seat to send a message.

Sure it would be hard for him. Jim Grobe is class human being and I wouldn't expect it would be easy for him to fire anyone. However, his job is to do what is best for our football program and if a member of his staff isn't doing a good job, then it is his duty to reassign or replace that member and if Grobe is unwilling to do that then the AD needs to step in and get a coach that will. Unfortunately we don't have Hertz, we have "not exactly" when it comes to AD's.

I would be shocked if Lobo is not the unofficial, "coach in waiting". The only hope is to get rid of Wellman, and start fresh with an AD that will actually interview coaching candidates.

I would be shocked if Lobo is not the unofficial, "coach in waiting". The only hope is to get rid of Wellman, and start fresh with an AD that will actually interview coaching candidates.

Can you imagine a world where [Redacted] is our head basketball coach and Lobo is our head football coach?Facepalm

I've thought for awhile that Rusty and Lobo are Wellman's endgame. Sadly these fears are becoming confirmed.

Back