• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Randon, boring Wake sorority question

Jroc25

Reaction score
Sorry this is a lame question, but does anyone know why Wake freshmen sorority rush starts before fraternity rush, like a week before Spring semester starts or something like that? The sorority rush seems to be closely monitored by the school as well. Has it always been like this and is this difference common among colleges? Just asking cuz I was asked by a prospective student and don't really know.

It's just an entirely different process than Fraternity rush. More traditional than anything else, I suspect.

Sorority rush: Formal process involving lunches, tea parties, and other events. Very time consuming and stressful for the girls.
Fraternity rush: Week of parties every night, one day of interviews.

LOL at interviews in Fraternity rush. Though, I can definitely see a few "lower tier" fraternities having them.

Even several years ago we never had interviews and rush week was a joke anyway since most fraternities already know who they want.

First semester is rush week.

I wouldn't pledge a fraternity that required an interview...sounds like Sigma Chi crapola.

These were not your normal interviews. It was basically the fraternity brothers fucking with you and seeing how you react.

This is the bzz of threads. How to fix fire well man, focus on societies and sororities, add pics.

Favorite interview questions:

1) Give me one good reason why I shouldn't blackball you.
2) Where do you see yourself in five years?
3) Can you actually afford our dues?
4) What does your dad do?
5) You're not from New Jersey, are you?
6) Do you know a lot of freshman chicks?
7) Do you have a beach house?

The "interview" during rush is more for the brothers' enjoyment than anything else.

Back