• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Randon, boring Wake sorority question

I hear the most entertaining situation is when the DKE pledges are done with pledging and the Brothers force them to anonymously fillout this questionnaire about what they really think of specific frat bros (e.g. who's the gayest brother, who's the worst at hazing). Makes for fun times when the answers are circulated and the pledges find out their answers weren't anonymous at all

Sorority rush is coordinated so that everyone who wants to join a sorority will get a bid. Fraternity rush is not coordinated at all.

Sorority rush is coordinated so that everyone who wants to join a sorority will get a bid. Fraternity rush is not coordinated at all.

I'm not sure that's exactly true.

"Just this past year, only 338 students were matched with a sorority chapter out of the 473 women who registered for formal recruitment."

http://oldgoldandblack.com/?p=17980

Yeah, that's not true at all unless you want to say that the lamest sorority on campus gives a bid to everyone, despite being dropped by all but six girls after the first day of rush.

Yeah, not true. It's just done in an all-female environment for a number of reasons. Lack of distractions, for one, but also just to keep the process "pure" or something.its tradition... It's also an incredibly time-intensive process for girls going through it and the sisters putting it on, making the formal rush process impossible to do while classes are going on.

Yeah, not true. It's just done in an all-female environment for a number of reasons. Lack of distractions, for one, but also just to keep the process "pure" or something.its tradition... It's also an incredibly time-intensive process for girls going through it and the sisters putting it on, making the formal rush process impossible to do while classes are going on.

I have been around sorority rush way too much, both via dating sisters and being an RA who was in the dorms while this nonsense was going on. After much observation, I formed the opinion that it is the most ridiculous, over-engineered, over-thought, overtly pointless process I have ever seen, at least outside of the federal government.

I remember once while on RA duty I had to stick my head in through the black curtain concealing the rush proceedings from prying eyes in order to turn on a light switch or some other totally innocuous action. The girls in there nearly had a damn stroke because "boys aren't allowed at rush events".

Chicks take themselves way too seriously.

They're not your normal interviews but pretty sure every Wake fraternity has them.

Nah. We used to video each kid who came into a smoker so we had a face to put with a name when we were voting, but unless you consider answering questions like "Who's hotter...", there was no interview. And I was never interviewed when I was rushing.

Didn't rush, huh, Nonny?

I remember one of the hottest girls in my freshman class didn't get a bid. Did all sorts of emotional damage to her.
I have about 20 sorority shirts from various girls I slept with through the years and would steal a shirt on my way out. Wearing them around campus was always fun.

I have been around sorority rush way too much, both via dating sisters and being an RA who was in the dorms while this nonsense was going on. After much observation, I formed the opinion that it is the most ridiculous, over-engineered, over-thought, overtly pointless process I have ever seen, at least outside of the federal government.

I remember once while on RA duty I had to stick my head in through the black curtain concealing the rush proceedings from prying eyes in order to turn on a light switch or some other totally innocuous action. The girls in there nearly had a damn stroke because "boys aren't allowed at rush events".

Chicks take themselves way too seriously.

I went through the process as a rushee and as a sister and I agree with this whole post. I definitely wished sororities could do rush like the fraternities...

I remember one of the hottest girls in my freshman class didn't get a bid. Did all sorts of emotional damage to her.
I have about 20 sorority shirts from various girls I slept with through the years and would steal a shirt on my way out. Wearing them around campus was always fun.

It's good to know no matter what I do on the boards, I will never be the douchiest poster.

I think that's the sentiment of nearly all girls in sororities.

the ones i've dated (mostly from other schools) seem to enjoy all the drama. Wake girls never seemed that intense though. Except for Tri-Delt.

I think large state schools have a much different greek vibe in general; I'm sure that carries over into rush.

Sorority rush is a clusterfuck. The sororities spend an inordinate amount of time planning, decorating, chanting, singing and making decisions on new members. The girls who rush spend an inordinate amount of time worrying, deciding on what to wear/getting ready, and hoping they'll get picked by the sorority they want.

A lot of the girls don't get placed simply because they didn't get their first or second choice, and they drop out of the process.

Last edited:

So, either you're a tiny man or you were sleeping with some girls who sport men's size large or bigger sorority T's.

Back