• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I watched Resident Alien on Netflix and it was good. Season 1 was funnier, but both are good. Season three apparently already came out on SyFy, but I have no idea how to watch it, so hopefully netflix picks it up sometime soon.

We were trying to find a good sitcom to watch with the kids. They love the mockumentary style Office/Modern Family/Parks and Rec shows (and so do I), so we thought we would give Abbott Elementary a try -- same style, up for and won a bunch of Emmys. we're about 7 episodes in and it is completely unfunny. Anyone else watch it and does it get better? About to scrap it.

I've watched all of Abbot and it doesn't really get better. I'm ready to stop.

i like it for a low-calorie sitcom every week

but if you don't like the first seven episodes you should stop watching

wife and I gave up on Abbott Elem about 3 eps in but my high school son and his friends love it.

We were trying to find a good sitcom to watch with the kids. They love the mockumentary style Office/Modern Family/Parks and Rec shows (and so do I), so we thought we would give Abbott Elementary a try -- same style, up for and won a bunch of Emmys. we're about 7 episodes in and it is completely unfunny. Anyone else watch it and does it get better? About to scrap it.

Have y’all done Party Down yet? Or Community?

Resident Alien might actually be a solid choice

I watched Resident Alien on Netflix and it was good. Season 1 was funnier, but both are good. Season three apparently already came out on SyFy, but I have no idea how to watch it, so hopefully netflix picks it up sometime soon.

Season three is on Peacock. I finished it this week. Very much enjoyed the series. Maybe there will be a season 4.

Three snaps up as well for 3 Body Problem and The Gentleman.

hqdefault.jpg

Have you watched Firefly? Then I would highly recommend Conman…it was on Amazon, I think.
Interesting, I was unfamiliar with Conman, fast-tracking it to the top of the queue now.

Abbott Elementary is hilarious. Principal Ava is one of my favorite characters on TV. There's at least one laugh-out-loud pause the show moment.

Back