• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I finished this last (Bodkin) night. I really enjoyed it. Gets a bit bizarre towards the end, but still quite good.
Is the comedy/style similar to that in "The Banshees of Inisherin"? I can't tell if I'm only drawing the connection bc they're both Irish or bc the trailer actually has that type of dry, dark humor.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith was good. Tight episodic storytelling in 8 episodes.

Does anybody else think it sets up to be an anthology series? Each season could include the same premise of a spy couple but change the circumstances.
Looks like that's what they plan to do.

Started to watch Killing Eve, really like it so far.

Finished A Man in Full, it was ok. Never read the book but watched the first 2 eps with my mom and sister at the beach.

just started doctor who

enjoying it so far

pretty pumped

community did such a good job with the inspector spacetime parody

We started watching Black Sails now that it's available on Netflix since we never had Starz in. Gotta say, it's pretty fun so far (we're a third to halfway through S2).

Just finished up season 1 of the Lazarus Project and it is some good sci-fi time loop fun. Season 2 starts any day now.

This isn't on Netflix, but it is streaming on Hulu. I went back and watched the whole series of The Orville. I remember watching the first few when it came out because it was hyped up a bit, but then kinda fell off. But I really enjoyed it this time around. They had some really poignant episodes dealing with complex issues in a new way or different viewpoint and were able to bring some humor to other situations that usually wouldn't call for it. One episode that really got to me, for personal reasons, was the episode where Gordon finds the Cell Phone in the time capsule, creates a simulation of the girl who owned it using all the information in the phone and then falls in love with her, only for it to be ripped away. Then they revisit that in the last season and it's a real, real, REAL gut punch. Had me misty eyed.

But yea, it's funny, got hot girls, Norm MacDonald, and it's a Star Trek parody. Really enjoyed it, so if you enjoy Star Trek stuff, maybe take a glance at The Orville if you haven't already.

Back