• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Redskins Name Change Thread

http://mentalfloss.com/article/6854...ar-fans-pro-football-team-are-most-typo-prone

The Count combed through 150 comments, each at least 50 words long, posted on individual team sites (that breaks down to almost 13,000 words per team). Their findings: Washington Redskins fans made 16.5 mistakes per 100 words—“roughly 30 percent worse than New Orleans Saints fans, the NFL’s second most typo-prone fan base,” writes author Geoff Foster. On the flip side, Detroit Lions fans made only 4.2 errors per every 100 words typed.

og-ae320_count_ns_20150428183004.jpg

Wow. Dumber than Saints fans. I'm guessing Townie writes about 98% of fan drivel about the Lions.

I'm probably the only person writing comments on Lions fan sites.

Well at least an automated web program noticed your exemplary grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

Give me all of the participation trophies. Who says English degrees are worthless?

ESPN the magazine just ranked FEDEX Field as the fourth worst experience in all of sports. I would like to know which three are worse, because I don't believe it. Not possible.

ESPN the magazine just ranked FEDEX Field as the fourth worst experience in all of sports. I would like to know which three are worse, because I don't believe it. Not possible.

Actually, I think it was a fan vote. FedEx is brutal. The worst move they made over the last 20 years was moving the team to that shithole. Just wait... By 2020 RFK 2.0 will be built back within the limits of DC. They also won't need public funding to do it.

I will enjoy my team being better than yours this year and for the foreseeable future.

You enjoy living in the past. We all know you were still shitting yourself and breastfeeding during the Skin's last SB victory.

2-0. Division Champions on your field.

'Skins may have gotten some help from the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals that invalidated many parts of the act used by the Patent and Trademark Office to remove trademark protection from "Redskins" as offensive. An Asian-American band with the name "Slants" won the right to trademark that as their band name, even if it is offensive to Asians. Washington Post article here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rk-registration-violates-the-first-amendment/

The 9 judge majority (of 12 on the panel) said the feds have no business censoring such names. By invalidating the law, the judge probably forced the US Supreme Court to eventually take a look at the case. Also, now two circuits have disagreed on the legality of the PTO policy on offensive trademarks.

British lawmakers urge NFL to change Redskins' name or send another team to London

As one of the U.S.' biggest cultural exports finds success in the U.K., the sport's values and standards come with it. Unfortunately, it is apparent that within these values there is a deliberate insensitivity and apparent hostility to a prominent minority group.

The NFL should consider changing the name of the Washington franchise or, at a minimum, send a different team to our country to represent the sport, one that does not promote a racial slur.

Back