• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rejecting words and actions which perpetrate, support or encourage white supremacists

Who is cherry picking?
a2281e207cf26dc320083c2486d64da5.jpg

Government checks have supposedly replaced jobs, yet we still have rampant homelessness, physical and mental heath care deficiency, extreme poverty, and childhood hunger in this country. Somehow a man with 4 children and wife with stage 4 cancer cant afford child care, and is still arrested for leaving his children with a neighbor while he is at work. Why is that man even working when the government will take care of his family?

Don't have 4 kids unless you have some money saved up

Don't have 4 kids unless you have some money saved up
I dont need your procreation advice palma, but if you want to take your message on a speaking tour of middle schools and christian youth retreats, please do.

Anyway, the government is far from providing job replacement level welfare for people in poverty, so that conservwtive talking point is bullshit.

Don't make any assumptions. I am correct.

There are obviously a lot of forces at work, and they work across a lot of communities. It's obviously not just in the black community, it's just the most acute in the black community, because the resources aren't there for exhaustively discussed reasons none of us dispute. But the inability to defray the consequences of the problem isn't the same thing as the cause of the problem.

I think the way government treats the individual (and family) has changed over time. In the New Deal era, government created jobs with a slew of three letters that put people to work. WWII obviously brought us to near full-employment, and the 25 year head start we had on the rest of the world while it rebuilt following the ass-kicking we put on their infrastructure created an artificially advantageous market for US goods (and that meant US jobs).

Watch what happened to the numbers when the government started cutting out the middle man (employment) and just started hammering checks in the Johnson administration. Government-as-provider chases out private responsibility, every time it is tried. Combine that with globalization of the economy and suddenly you don't have to make furniture and textiles in North Carolina. More people in need, more people on assistance, and here we go...

So the black community is less able to defray the consequences of economic globalization due to the history of oppression in this country.

Besides telling them to do better with less - what's the solution in your mind?

...But the inability to defray the consequences of the problem isn't the same thing as the cause of the problem...
If similar societal problems, such as law breaking, were as preventable as you hope and believe poverty is, why do you prepare for inevitable law breakers by building more prisons? Why is it that conservative authoritarians so willingly use tax dollars (OPM) to prepare for law breaking, yet for other societal inevitabilities such as poverty, you believe you can talk and goad your way out of?

This week, I finally gave up on bkf and put him on ignore. I suggest you all do the same.

Welcome to the club. We have cheap beer and cold cheese dip. Make yourself at home.

Don't make any assumptions. I am correct.

There are obviously a lot of forces at work, and they work across a lot of communities. It's obviously not just in the black community, it's just the most acute in the black community, because the resources aren't there for exhaustively discussed reasons none of us dispute. But the inability to defray the consequences of the problem isn't the same thing as the cause of the problem.

I think the way government treats the individual (and family) has changed over time. In the New Deal era, government created jobs with a slew of three letters that put people to work. WWII obviously brought us to near full-employment, and the 25 year head start we had on the rest of the world while it rebuilt following the ass-kicking we put on their infrastructure created an artificially advantageous market for US goods (and that meant US jobs).

Watch what happened to the numbers when the government started cutting out the middle man (employment) and just started hammering checks in the Johnson administration. Government-as-provider chases out private responsibility, every time it is tried. Combine that with globalization of the economy and suddenly you don't have to make furniture and textiles in North Carolina. More people in need, more people on assistance, and here we go...

Of course when Barack Obama tried to do this with infrastructure after the great recession, you were right on board. :plos:

Sadly, the Wagner bit doesn't really troll Nazis.

The actual implication of that is that the president of the United States is ordained by god and rebelling against the president is satanic. Good job Chels!

Ummmm has she ever been to a Cathedral? There are paintings and/or stone or stained glass depictions of Lucifer in most, if not all, of the ones I've been too. And Gargoyles aren't far from it and are on the outside of pretty much every single major old Church. Phenomenal anaolgy, Chelsea. Mom has taught you well.

Ummmm has she ever been to a Cathedral? There are paintings and/or stone or stained glass depictions of Lucifer in most, if not all, of the ones I've been too. And Gargoyles aren't far from it and are on the outside of pretty much every single major old Church. Phenomenal anaolgy, Chelsea. Mom has taught you well.

I think statue was the key point. A depiction of an event or person isn't the same as erecting a statue to celebrate it/them.

And now you have a Clinton quote comparing deplorable southerners to Satan. That ought to distract the rubes for awhile.

Back